Cancelling an award

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cancelling an award

I have previously booked my fiance on a RT award flight MEL - HKG for April, however I now have to cancel. It was booked online and cost me 72250 KF miles (15% discount applied from 85000).

1) If I cancel, how many points will be credited back into my account and how long does this take?

2) Can I do this online?

This is the first time I have been forced into cancelling an award flight so I am unsure of rules/procedures

Thanks & regards
    SQ744

Based on my experience, you have two choices:

- use miles on the same flights on later/different dates as long as the flights are taken within 12 months of the original booking date; this booking can be changed on line; or
    - cancel ticket.

For the later, I have called Krisflyer on the phone. There is a penalty charge (I think 2,500 miles) and it may take a while (maybe 6 weeks not sure) for the miles to be recredited into your account.

Comment

Thanks krisflyer

Think I will cancel the booking and lose the 2500 miles.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ744 View Post
        Thanks krisflyer

Think I will cancel the booking and lose the 2500 miles.
        The time that I had to cancel, I paid the cancellation in $. IMO, miles are more difficult to come by. Do note that if you have to buy back the 2,500miles one of these days, it'll cost you US$120 ($40/1,000 miles)

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
          The time that I had to cancel, I paid the cancellation in $. IMO, miles are more difficult to come by. Do note that if you have to buy back the 2,500miles one of these days, it'll cost you US$120 ($40/1,000 miles)
          Thanks 9V-JKL. I have taken your advice and paid US$25 instead of using miles.

Regards
          SQ744

Comment

Just a further question. Although I have cancelled my award flights via the telephone, it is still showing up under 'My Bookings'. I can still select seats etc.

Is this normal?

Regards
            SQ744

Comment

My cancellation took a couple of days to process. Check whether your credit card got debited the $25, and email KrisFlyer in the meantime. You might find that by the time they respond, the cancellation will have been processed.
              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Thanks jjpb3,

I have checked my credit card and no debit as yet. I will be in Singapore for 3 days shortly. Do you know if I can deal with this either at the airport or in Orchard Rd?

Regards
                SQ744

Comment

I've only ever dealt with phone agents, but I suspect the airport would not be the place to deal with this. I would call KrisFlyer membership services again ... or your PPS coordinator (assuming you have a helpful one).
                  ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Worth calling up to check. The other day, I had to cancel a redemption ticket with the Krisflyer call centre as I needed to change my ticket; I then rebooked a (commercial) eticket on the subsequent day.

The day after I verbally cancelled my ticket, a rather aggressive guy from Krisflyer called me up to say I still had two tickets in the system to my destination (one redemption/one eticket) and asked if they should cancel the redemption booking - I said that Krisflyer told me it had been done already and I already gave my credit card for the fee...

I then got an email that night to say they had processed the transactions...

Comment

Have just checked 'My Account' and the award booking is still showing (it's under 'My Third Party Bookings' as it was made for my fiance). Funny thing is, all of miles have been credited back into my account. It's been like this for a couple of weeks now. Should I follow this up or just forget about it due to the miles being deposited back into my account?

Comment

Working...
                      X