Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slipper Lobster Thermidor in J

Hi all,

I've ordered the Slipper Lobster thermidor for Brunch my upcoming J class ride on SQ828. Any reviews? Does anyone here know how the standard brunch meals are? how about nibbles in the First Class Silver Kris Lounge around breakfast time? (Thanks to travelling companion )

I have seen many pictures of the slipper lobster thermidor online. Quite accurate. And many taken in various angles. If you haven't tried lobster, feel free to order it and try it. If the flight is ex-sin, it should be ok. I'm aware that lobster can be considered expensive if you are based in sin.

Just be aware that if your flight is of short duration or those older planes, then it may look smaller due to the small square plates being used. If you feel like gorging, the garlic bread goes well with it.

Comment

Originally posted by coffeeblack View Post
      Hi all,

I've ordered the Slipper Lobster thermidor for Brunch my upcoming J class ride on SQ828. Any reviews? Does anyone here know how the standard brunch meals are? how about nibbles in the First Class Silver Kris Lounge around breakfast time? (Thanks to travelling companion )
      If you search on here, you'll find answers (with pictures) to your questions.

Comment

Originally posted by RHG View Post
        I have seen many pictures of the slipper lobster thermidor online. Quite accurate. And many taken in various angles. If you haven't tried lobster, feel free to order it and try it. If the flight is ex-sin, it should be ok. I'm aware that lobster can be considered expensive if you are based in sin.
        Hmm, the slipper lobster is unfortunately not a true lobster, as in the sort you'd find in lobster sashimi. It is a crustacean though, so it has that same meat texture as other crustaceans, but much smaller than a true lobster. Some may find it a little underwhelming. And it's not very expensive.

In Australia, it's called a bug, as in Balmain Bug or Moreton Bay Bug.
        I guess slipper lobster sounds better than bug.
        F all the way. Settle for J. Usually whY. Sigh.

Comment

Thanks everyone! It's the same no matter what time you order it right, and SIN-PVG is around a 5plus hour flight so it's probably a mid range flight...

Comment

Yes, you can pre-order (BTC) the lobster for any J class sector meal serving breakfast, lunch, dinner, supper, brunch and light meal only.

Just note SQ828 is a Brunch Service, there will be no appetisers, no cheese, no fruit selection from the basket (you get a fresh fruit plate instead), no pralines.

As for the bread selection, there will be no garlic bread for brunch.

Comment

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
              Just note SQ828 is a Brunch Service, there will be no appetisers, no cheese, no fruit selection from the basket (you get a fresh fruit plate instead), no pralines.

As for the bread selection, there will be no garlic bread for brunch.
              Can confirm above points.

Should add that on my flight we asked for our meal to be served later, because we'd completely overloaded at the F Class Lounge at the Airport. But they forgot to serve us our Muesli/Cereal or to gave us the pick of the bread basket and there definitely was no garlic bread. But ours was quite a full Business cabin, so I don't blame them at all.

Looking forward to my return flight in J from PVG-SIN tomorrow. although I am pretty sure the business class will be the old seats still.

Comment

Resurrecting an old thread but have just booked this as have to try it due to the sheer amount of posts about it! Its PVG-SIN lunch time so am looking forward to it.

Comment

Try not to be underwhelmed at the size!

Comment

Two weeks ago, I was flying SIN-HKG and I had the best Slipper Lobster ever: The meat was really tender and still very moist, the sauce perfect and the size more than decent - was checking with the crew to find out whether they had new ovens or a different heating technique but couldn't find out...

Comment

Originally posted by 225 View Post
                      Resurrecting an old thread but have just booked this as have to try it due to the sheer amount of posts about it! Its PVG-SIN lunch time so am looking forward to it.
                      Are you on SQ 831 or 833 ? Not sure if 831 has Satay, but 833 definitely has.

Comment

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
                        Are you on SQ 831 or 833 ? Not sure if 831 has Satay, but 833 definitely has.
                        Ah just re read the post, its actually sin-pvg on sq832... My typo sorry, if there is satay on that I'm a happy man.

Comment

Working...
                        X