[JNB] SAA Baobab Lounge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [JNB] SAA Baobab Lounge

f/up from my previous query, and helpful responses from SQTalkers, here're some pics.
    Star Alliance (Elite Gold and Business class) entitled to the SAA Baobab Lounge on the 2nd storey of the international departures. Not to be confused with the Cycad which is 1st class lounge.

Reception manned by 2 very nice and friendly ladies, after which one turns left thru this corridor. A bank of 3 PCs are on the right.WiFi as an earlier SQTalker pointed out was by payment.

Just at the end of the corridor to the right, there’s little cafe corner where sandwiches, muffins, cookies are available besides liquor and beverages. Counter is manned by abt 3 staff and there was a queue but a moving one, and service was polite and prompt.

Here’s another view of the cafe from far end of the lounge, with an overview of the rest area. Low ceiling and proximate arrangement of sofas made for rather crowded feel.

View of the duty free, and apron beyond that, from the lounge.
    I have came across quite a few posts in other sites that suggest this to be a dreadful place, but overall, my experience has been satisfactory; provided me with a place for coffee and rest between my SQ and onward connection.

Thanks for the pics and the review, jammed.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Working...
    X