Special Meals: Fruit Platter (Y)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Meals: Fruit Platter (Y)

These days I've been on an alkaline diet, not all the time but I try to keep one to two meals a day this way- raw fruits and vegetables.

I'll be flying SIN-TYO in Y later this month and thought of trying out the Fruit Platter special meal.

Anyone tried it?

If it's just a larger portion of the fruits they serve for dessert, I'll pass though

tsk.. looks like no one tried the fruit platter

Comment

Guess it's because it's what it sounds like... A platter of fruit...

Actually it would be interesting to call SQ (or whichever airline you are flying) and try to find our what exactly this consist of...
      God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
        Guess it's because it's what it sounds like... A platter of fruit...

Actually it would be interesting to call SQ (or whichever airline you are flying) and try to find our what exactly this consist of...
        Yeah, I was thinking of doing just that. I might get it if they have some exotic fruits in it or maybe even if there are an assortment of berries in it.

I doubt it however, seeing as there have been massive cost cuts in the catering heh

If its a platter of the usual fruits I'll pass.

Comment

I seriously think it's just an assortment of the usual fruits you get onboard and not anything exotic due to problems of freshness, availability, etc.

Now if they chopped them up and added a large scoup of ice cream, along with fresh cream and chocolate syrup, I would be tempted to try! However I don't think my doctor would be too happy!
          God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

I called SQ this morning. They said they'd have no clue as it depends on what their caterer prepares.

Okay, I'm not going to bother trying to get someone from SATS haha

Maybe I'll just stick with the usual whY! offerings lol.. or the low-fat special meal at most

Comment

Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post
              I called SQ this morning. They said they'd have no clue as it depends on what their caterer prepares.

Okay, I'm not going to bother trying to get someone from SATS haha

Maybe I'll just stick with the usual whY! offerings lol.. or the low-fat special meal at most
              Or just eat something before you board and snooze away on the flight!! I'm guessing SQ hardly gets any request for the said meal type very often!

Comment

Actually.. I tried it before a few years ago and it was the larger portion of the fruits they served for dessert.

Comment

Originally posted by singaporu_kooku View Post
                  Actually.. I tried it before a few years ago and it was the larger portion of the fruits they served for dessert.
                  Thanks for sharing. I'm definitely not getting it then haha

Pinkfloyd: I'd imagine they'd love it if more pax opted for this though. Probably costs a lot less since its a whole bunch of typical fruits cut up

Comment

Working...
                  X