Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SIN-MEL-SIN flight preferences in Raffles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIN-MEL-SIN flight preferences in Raffles?

So what do you guys prefer?

SQ 227/228 with the Spacebed in Raffles or the regional business class seat on SQ 217/218 and SQ 237/238?

For SIN-MEL, I prefer SQ237 simply because of the timing. Its less hard on my body when arriving at MEL; equivalent to about 7am SIN time. While SQ227 has Spacebeds, her arrival time can be equivalent to about 4am SIN time. Not good for me.

MEL-SIN: SQ228. Spacebeds....

Comment

MEL-SIN my preference is SQ238. Always find the service good and the timing suits with arrival in SIN @ 1600. Also good for connecting flights.

SIN-MEL SQ217 for the same reasons as above, however if connecting from another flight, then SQ227 @ 2100 with spacebeds is just as good for me.

Regards
      SQ744

Comment

I would take a Spacebed anytime over the regional J.
        While the regional J is more comfortable for daytime, the guaranteed Wisemen and the option to lie flat to sleep if needed do it for me.

Comment

I must say I completely agree with Mr. StarG. Spacebeds for me is still much more comfortable than the regional C, no matter what people says bad things about Spacebeds. Also Spacebeds mean AVOD, right? Those regional C might have older IFE generation from my limited experience for BKK-SIN-BKK.

Comment

Having done this route quite a few times I'll say this: If you MUST MUST have the spacebed - then take 227.

If you want a more relaxed journey down the tulla freeway, arrive at a proper time and feel more rested - take 237. 227 arrives at too odd a time and immigration is madness that time of the morning. I'm not a fan of the queues and hassle that's why I always preferred to take the 221 down to SYD, then hop on UA across to MEL. Best of both worlds, and a whole lot more miles too

Comment

Working...
            X