Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does SQ Priority Services means anything to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does SQ Priority Services means anything to you?

In my past xx years of flying SQ experiences, I would like some of you to share your SQ priority services experiences. Certainly at almost 90% of the time I enjoyed the priority boarding & disembark, priority bags, etc.... but for the rest of the 10%, I had experienced something not very plesant.

When I was traveld on 744 upper deck & I'm the last one who stepped down the stairs & disembark, I noticed that on main deck of the J class right hand side of the isle, the Y class passengers already started running thru all the way to the 1st class cabin & get off at door L1, even quicker than J passengers get off at door L2. Have someone complain about this before?

Other times would be my Solitarie Priority bags came out from the baggage belt were either in the middle or almost the last bag at some ports like ADL, BCN, CDG, DPS, FRA, HKG, KUL, LHR, MEL, SFO, & SYD...etc but not SIN. Isn't because of other airports ground staff had not being taught how to handle priority bags? Another thing that I don't quite understand was how come the passengers bags are always come after the SQ technical & cabin crew lugguages but the crew are not even off the plane & in a hurry to get their bags to get on their crew bus to the hotel...?

If J class right side exit through door 1L, then Y pax on the right are allowed to go through. The Y pax on the left are not allowed to go through until upperdeck clears out of 2L. The point of priority disembarkation is to not hold up J pax disembarking, a subtle difference from holding back all Y pax until all J pax have disembarked.

Yes, at other stations the baggage handlers have to be trained to unload the baggage containers in order of SQ's priority. I mentioned that this wasn't working to the SFO ground staff back in Dec and they said it had been an issue in the past but should not happen in the future. Sure enough, in January my F-tagged bags came out as I walked through immigration.

Don't know about the crew luggage priority...I was under the assumption that always comes out last, but I could be wrong on that.

Comment

My experience is perhaps similar to yours - 90% good, 10% not so good. I think that is considered more than acceptable, considering some of the lapses in service are not SQ's fault. For example: priority baggage handling in most stations are well enforced. In some stations (just LAX, CDG in my experience) it can be quite random.

Same thing about the priority disembarkation, which I think is one of the useful premium classes' benefits, especially in my hometown CGK. At one point in time one or two years ago, this was not enforced in some flights (notably shorter haul ones). But for the past year, I have never been on a flight where the cabin crew doesn't quickly close up the curtains after arrival.

Comment

My recent trip to BCN was parked on the remote bay, so even those when F & J passengers were disembark 1st & get on to the bus, we were squeze all the way to the back & the Y passengers all came & stands right near to the bus's door, now you probably know what will happen next, by the time when the bus arrived at the terminal, the Y passengers will get off the bus 1st & ran to the the immigration, J passengers were stand in the middle of the queue, & F passengers were slowly walked & stand at the end of the queue.

Comment

Originally posted by SQTalker View Post
          Another thing that I don't quite understand was how come the passengers bags are always come after the SQ technical & cabin crew lugguages but the crew are not even off the plane & in a hurry to get their bags to get on their crew bus to the hotel...?
          In my recent flight, I asked about this to the nice FA. Crew bags are not in the same cargo hold pellet as the rest of the pax. This is to facilitate emergencies when crew have to step down (in case of delays and other operational), and they will locate the crew bags faster, plus wheel chairs and prams are packed together with crew bags in cargo hold 5.

So far, personally, I have not experienced on SQ that my bags arrived after the crew. Even today at CGK, my bag came up after the two small golf bags. What I have seen that the crew bags arrived before the pax was when flying from LHR to ORD on AA.

Comment

Despite the high number of bags tagged with Raffles Class/*G priority tags, I've found that my bag is, more often than not, one of the first to appear on the baggage carousel after the bags with F tags and/or QPP/TPP tags. And yes even at MEL, where it's vital to win the race to quarantine to avoid a zillion mile long queue.
            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

I have just completed two legs in Y MEL-SIN & SIN-HKG (my first time in Y since becoming PPS). I was interested to see how a PPS member was treated in Y. Well, not one difference from being a normal Y passenger I'm afraid. No greeting at the door by name, no priority meal service, no recognition whatsover of being a priority passenger. Worst of all, my bags were not labelled priority. The only benefit I received was being able to access the lounge at MEL.
              It doesn't worry me to be quite honest (I didn't expect much in the first place), however, I thought being a PPS member would attract a small bit of recognition.

Will see what happens on the return legs.

Regards
              SQ744

Comment

Originally posted by SQ744 View Post
                Worst of all, my bags were not labelled priority.
                You have to remind the Qantas check in agents. They tend to forget otherwise.
                In HKG I've found that the Menzies agents are quite adept at remembering.
                All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Crew bags vs Priority Bags... this is the order that SQ stipulates the bags are unloaded.

1) First Class Bags
                  2) First batch of J Class/Priority Tagged bags
                  3) Crew Bags
                  4) 2nd batch of J Class/Priority Tagged bags
                  5) Y Class bags

This is something that the crew union have demanded since the early days. Crew should be able to retrieve their bags by the time they arrive at the baggage belt, so that they can proceed straight for their layover without delay. Just a little privilege that SQ accords its hardworking crew.

PS: With reference to pic 4, is it the angle that the picture was taken, or was the leading stewardess dangerously at the brink of bursting out of her sarong kebaya??!! Time to go on a diet?
                  Last edited by icn.sg; 7 March 2007, 01:03 AM.

Comment

The only thing(s) I value most, being a *G, is Priority Check-In and Priority Baggage Handling and Priority Boarding as I dislike waiting in long lines

Lounge Access and the other benefits are just bonuses for me.
                    Most of the time, my luggage has come out just after I come out of Immigration, and in an Airport like PER, going through customs can be a pain, especially in the peak hours as the terminal is so small and there are usually many passengers waiting in line. Thats what i prize most with my status.

Comment

As a PPS member for the past 3 years, I have to say that I dont see any difference in the service on / of board. I have recently come back from NZ fly 4 sectors 1st all the way and can say out of the 4 flights one was only truely outstanding.( dont know if it had anything to do with PPS) as all in 1st received the same exceptional service. I have never got the impression that being a PPS member means anything extra except the silver sticker. I dont think its worth all the fuss to be honest.

Comment

It means clearing waitlist for me. It just did again for me couple hours ago. Have been on a waitlist out of SYD on Mar 19th for the last week and it was just confirmed again. PPS is great to clear waitlist.

On a side note, in my last 3 trips to Asia, I have also experienced 3 OP-UPs from Y to J (1x on an award ticket to CGK) and from J to F (2x on a paid ticket from BKK to SIN and SIN - MNL).
                        Last edited by UMD; 13 March 2007, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X