Jakarta Visa on Arrival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jakarta Visa on Arrival

Now that the indonesian authorities have gotten rid of the 7 day VOA, can anyone tell me if the 30 day VOA is good for more than one visit?

Am going to CGK tomorrow, back to SIN and then to DPS the following week. I would rather not have to fork out 2 X $25 for the privilige.

Interesting, did not know they got rid of the 7-day VOA. While searching online, there does not seem to be a multiple-entry tourist visa for Indonesia and I am very sure the 30-day VOA is on a single-entry basis only. Looks like you may have to cough up the 2 x $25 for your trip.

Note though: try and have exact change ready and USD (sometimes other currencies are accepted BUT the exchange rate will never be in your favour... Actually it may even prove to be day-light robbery at times )
    God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Well, just arrived and was only able to get a single entry, 30 day visa for 25 US. But you can now extend it for another thirty days so i understand.

Not going to break the bank, but still a bit annoying!

Comment

Yep they have dfinitely stopped the 7 day visa. I could only have a 30 day one when I got there on Sunday.

This hasn't gone down well with some people I know in Singapore who do one or two day trips to Batam and Bintan.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
          This hasn't gone down well with some people I know in Singapore who do one or two day trips to Batam and Bintan.

Depending on their nationality maybe you mention the APEC card to them. For the case of $20-30 (can't remember) as an investment is still works out great for a few trips to Batam etc. and the card last 3-yrs.

Comment

Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
            Depending on their nationality maybe you mention the APEC card to them. For the case of $20-30 (can't remember) as an investment is still works out great for a few trips to Batam etc. and the card last 3-yrs.
            How easy is it to get the APEC card? AFAIK there are a whole set of approvals to go through.
            God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
              Yep they have dfinitely stopped the 7 day visa. I could only have a 30 day one when I got there on Sunday.

And also quite a few Australians I know have switched to Thailand for their holidays as opposed to Bali because of the visa requirements / hassel.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
                And also quite a few Australians I know have switched to Thailand for their holidays as opposed to Bali because of the visa requirements / hassel.
                How is it a hassle? You just pay your USD25 and you have 30 days. Yes you don't have to pay for 30 days in Thailand but it is really not a hassle to get the VOA at DPS.
                My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

I think this is more as a result of the Bali Bombings more than the Visa on arrival. Alot of Australians were lost in that (as well as other nationalities of course) and i think it is still very much at the forefront of many peoples minds.

Same perception in the Uk for some people as well. Very sad for Bali indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
                    How is it a hassle? You just pay your USD25 and you have 30 days. Yes you don't have to pay for 30 days in Thailand but it is really not a hassle to get the VOA at DPS.
                    Well, that's what some tell me. I guess the hassel part is that you do not need a visa for Thailand and hence, do not have to go into an additional queue. Yes, immigration in Thailand can be slow, but the same can be said for Indonesia.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamiegutz View Post
                      I think this is more as a result of the Bali Bombings more than the Visa on arrival. Alot of Australians were lost in that (as well as other nationalities of course) and i think it is still very much at the forefront of many peoples minds.

Same perception in the Uk for some people as well. Very sad for Bali indeed.
                      I guess this is a big contributor as well. But tourism in Bali has been picking up since the bombings, although a bit slow.

Comment

Well, that's what some tell me. I guess the hassel part is that you do not need a visa for Thailand and hence, do not have to go into an additional queue. Yes, immigration in Thailand can be slow, but the same can be said for Indonesia.
                        I certainly don't choose between holiday destinations solely based on which one doesn't have a US$25 fee and a 10-minute queue!

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                          I certainly don't choose between holiday destinations solely based on which one doesn't have a US$25 fee and a 10-minute queue!
                          Neither do I, but there are a lot who will. Some out of cost, others out of principle, especially with such a large hike in price. For a family of four looking to go to Bali for a weekend they are now looking at US$100 just to get in. It will put some off.

As mad as it sounds, people do like to look at even the smallest costs at times. One only has to look at the treads on FT about taxis to and from Suvarnabhumi and how they demand the meter so it costs them 391 Baht rather than the 500 Baht the taxi drivers usually round up to. This is before we even get into the debate about taking those lunatic taxi drivers with no seatbelts in the back of their car in the first place.

Comment

Well, it is what I have been told. The visa requirement has not put me off going to Bali though... Must be the Babi Guling!!

Comment

Well, it is what I have been told. The visa requirement has not put me off going to Bali though... Must be the Babi Guling!!
                              Fair enough.

And I can understand that the extra USD60 for a family of 4 going for a weekend might put some off. But most Aussie's I know wouldn't care.

I am mildly annoyed im paying 15 bucks more for my 4 day trip to DPS in April, but I am looking forward to the trip
                              My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Working...
                              X