Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PM from TOF...

Has anyone dealt with this guy?

Could he be legitimate? Sent me (and I am assuming all of us) a PM this morning:

"Dear SuperFlyBoy,

Noticed that you fly SQ. I am a broker for discounted international airline tickets and can get you huge discounts (up to 70% off the commercial retail price) for business or first class travel on the major five star airlines - Singapore Airlines, Cathay Pacific, British Airways, Qantas, United.

Theres no catch or frills and the tickets works like a normal business/first class tickets except that you save heaps of money.

If you are interested or require further details, please email your travel plans to : travelcheapstore@hotmail.com

I look foward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Chris
    "

Others may wish to explore, and possibly post their feedback...

Originally posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
    Has anyone dealt with this guy?

Could he be legitimate? Sent me (and I am assuming all of us) a PM this morning:

"Dear SuperFlyBoy,

Noticed that you fly SQ. I am a broker for discounted international airline tickets and can get you huge discounts (up to 70% off the commercial retail price) for business or first class travel on the major five star airlines - Singapore Airlines, Cathay Pacific, British Airways, Qantas, United.

Theres no catch or frills and the tickets works like a normal business/first class tickets except that you save heaps of money.

If you are interested or require further details, please email your travel plans to : travelcheapstore@hotmail.com

I look foward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Chris
    "

Others may wish to explore, and possibly post their feedback...
    I did not get one....but it seems too good to be true and I smell a rat

70% off just sounds suspicious!

Comment

i think this is commonly known as spamming....

I suppose you could report this PM to administration but not sure about rules and terms regarding this on the site.

Please note that the e-mail address he provided is an un-traceable hotmail mailbox. Therefore ANYONE should decide to deal with him HAS to be really cautious. In the case, please ask him for an official website AND for an official e-mail address.
      Don't give him any personal detail to the above mentioned mail address.
      There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
      If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
        i think this is commonly known as spamming....

I suppose you could report this PM to administration but not sure about rules and terms regarding this on the site.
        I think someone already did....(not me though)

However, he was quoting:

"1. LAX-SIN (SQreturn business class) : US$2726 2. LAX-SYD(SQreturn business class) : US$3950"

Not bad, actually - does anyone else have any feedback on these fares?

Comment

Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
          Don't give him any personal detail to the above mentioned mail address.
          As well as the possibility of this simply being a con (i.e. take your money and you get nothing in return), I suppose it could also be the case that the tickets sold are (say) award tickets using other people's miles. (Are they called mileage brokers ?) Illegal as far as I know as per the FFP rules and presumably you run the risk of your ticket being invalidated by the airline if they find out (and THEN what do you do to try and recover your money paid ?).

Comment

Super. I would suggest not doing this... Sounds suspicious!

Actually I have an idea.

If he was really able to book tickets, you should ask him to make you a PNR. Then you should be able to pull up the record in GDS, Sabre, WorldSpan etc..... if not it's 100% scam

Comment

Originally posted by fumitani View Post
              Super. I would suggest not doing this... Sounds suspicious!

Actually I have an idea.

If he was really able to book tickets, you should ask him to make you a PNR. Then you should be able to pull up the record in GDS, Sabre, WorldSpan etc..... if not it's 100% scam
              Right - *good* idea!!

Will do that....

Update: He says he can book them on 'I' class - is this a revenue class?? I don't see this on Sabre/ITS...or Apollo/ITS!

Oh, upon reading further into his last e-mail, he is indeed admitting that they are mileage tickets!! Wow...
              Last edited by SuperFlyBoy; 16 February 2007, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
                ...Update: He says he can book them on 'I' class - is this a revenue class?? I don't see this on Sabre/ITS...or Apollo/ITS!...
                I class is for awards/upgrades. He/She is selling mileage tickets.

Comment

Yep, 'I' is Award/Upgrade for Business, I think.

Mileage tickets, is that legal????!!

Edit: Sorry for asking such a stupid question.
                  Last edited by SQ225; 16 February 2007, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
                    I class is for awards/upgrades. He/She is selling mileage tickets.
                    Never take award travel, unless an upgrade....so that's why!

Comment

Originally posted by SQ225 View Post
                      Mileage tickets, is that legal????!!
                      Not within the T&C of FFPs.

Comment

Dodginess in Extremus.......

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                          Dodginess in Extremus.......
                          Yup. Beware...

Comment

Originally posted by kpc View Post
                            70% off just sounds suspicious!
                            United as a five star airline sounds suspicious

Comment

I've received spam from this guy or one like him before. I think whatever screenname he was using to send PM's on TOF was suspended almost immediately the last time I received them. Sounds like a big scam to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X