Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-obvious / Undocumented PPS Benefits

Originally posted by CGK View Post
    Tumi, as well as Samsonite, are still sold at the new duty free shop "Luxury Fashion V" at the same location as the old DFS accross from the escalator up to SKL. The new shop offers 10% off for PPS members.
    On the subject of discounts for PPS members, (and also now that I have managed to achieve this milestone), can we start a new thread with all of the benefits of PPS? (the undocumented ones, such as the above..)

Originally posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
    On the subject of discounts for PPS members, (and also now that I have managed to achieve this milestone), can we start a new thread with all of the benefits of PPS? (the undocumented ones, such as the above..)
    Some more info here:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208

I think jjpb3 almost started a thread at one time asking about what discounts people had used with PPS but I can't find it now. From what I recall, Planet Traveller and 1 or 2 restaurants in SIN was about it.

Comment

Good suggestion, SuperFlyBoy. I've started a new thread from your post and jhm's.

jhm: I think my thread was in the Baby Forum. In any case, I've only ever used the PPS discount for: luggage at Planet Traveller (that is one benefit I'll definitely miss ); dinners at the Rang Mahal ; champagne purchases before Bali Do 2006 ; and wine purchases for my brother who lives in Singapore.
      Last edited by jjpb3; 16 February 2007, 03:14 AM. Reason: More thoughts
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

At Changi, TimesNewsLink bookstore, near the escalator toward SKL, offers 10% discounts on books for more than SGD xx.xx sales. (I think it's SGD 50 minimum purchase on books only)

Georg Jensen offers 5% off.

Of course, the DFS Duty Free still has 10% discounts for Dom, Krug, La Grand Dame and all those that I am sure you know what I mean.

Comment

I got a 10% discount on my purchases from Krisshop the other day when using my renewal vouchers. I also got discounts at some (but not all) of the cosmetics duty free shops in the airport. Planet Traveller discounts are great. Also I've got some discounts in various shops (Club 21 shops; I've got discounts at The Bombay Shop in Mumbai in the past although I don't think they still have that; spa at The Fullerton). I guess you just need to read the annual book closely to check out what is being offered in that period.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
            At Changi, TimesNewsLink bookstore, near the escalator toward SKL, offers 10% discounts on books for more than SGD xx.xx sales. (I think it's SGD 50 minimum purchase on books only)
            I've received the discount when purchasing just one book before.. think it was around 20SGD

Comment

Can I just say, I'm going to miss those discounts. I just learned from the new guide that I could have gotten 10% off GoldPfeil luggage (which I would compare first to the Planet Traveller options). Any PPS members in SIN over Easter weekend?

Sigh.
              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

A question - as a TPP, are you supposed to get any "better" service in Y (than as QPP etc]? I got my TPP about 6 months ago after taking 7 years as a QPP.

I just flew back in Y class from Hong Kong tonight using a redemption ticket... whilst I managed to get a seat next to me spare, they still didn't serve me a drink with my meal (I had a special meal - they offered drinks to all those around me including other people around me who had special meals) and I had to ask the stewardess to give me something when she rushed off to serve others. And there was some couple a couple of rows ahead who kept getting offered newspapers, magazines etc and I got nothing offered at all? They must have been QPP from their baggage tags [I thought I saw a post on this at some stage...]

I can't say that the service in Y is getting any better; infact I think it is getting more rushed and erratic. The uniforms look nicer and that is about it. I can't say SQ is much better than its competitor in Y class on the HK route now. Also, I think the J class service on the HK route has also dropped in more recent times and feels more like a long shuttle service... especially when the planes don't have any power for computers and you are in business class! Alas... the miles and sectors mean I still end up flying largely SQ though...

sigh...
                Last edited by krisflyer; 20 February 2007, 01:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by krisflyer View Post
                  A question - as a TPP, are you supposed to get any "better" service in Y (than as QPP etc]? I got my TPP about 6 months ago after taking 7 years as a QPP.

I just flew back in Y class from Hong Kong tonight using a redemption ticket... whilst I managed to get a seat next to me spare, they still didn't serve me a drink with my meal (I had a special meal - they offered drinks to all those around me including other people around me who had special meals) and I had to ask the stewardess to give me something when she rushed off to serve others. And there was some couple a couple of rows ahead who kept getting offered newspapers, magazines etc and I got nothing offered at all? They must have been QPP from their baggage tags [I thought I saw a post on this at some stage...]

I can't say that the service in Y is getting any better; infact I think it is getting more rushed and erratic. The uniforms look nicer and that is about it. I can't say SQ is much better than its competitor in Y class on the HK route now. Also, I think the J class service on the HK route has also dropped in more recent times and feels more like a long shuttle service... especially when the planes don't have any power for computers and you are in business class! Alas... the miles and sectors mean I still end up flying largely SQ though...

sigh...
                  You were getting 'better' service, I've come to the conclusion that the higher up the heap you are, the more they think they have your business in their pockets and the less they bother about you - take my advice and don't become and LPPS!

Comment

Yup agreed - sad huh. The amount of money that we/our companies pay for flights and we end up getting so-so service...

Comment

I beg to differ...
                      I think it may not have much to do with whether or not you are an LPP vs. TPP vs. QPP. I mean, I don't think the cabin crew members give it that much thought (about potential revenue etc.). From what I know, the good crew members (which in my case fortunately are of much larger proportion than the bad ones) always pay more attention to PPSes in the cabin, especially TPPs/LPPs.

However, two things I can think of that might have contributed to your feeling of being unloved :
                      1) Seating - most PPSes sit in the first rows of Y. If you sit somewhere further back, you might have stood out less.
                      2) Bad set of crew. At the end of the day, I think it depends on the cabin crew team operating the flight that day. I have really excellent ones, on which flights the FAs (not just one but all of them assigned to my section) addressed me by name 7-8 times throughout the flight - and this was a short haul SIN-CGK! I have bad ones, which does not even address me by name in J (it does not happen in F ever). One of my flights, I peeked onto the passenger list/seat map they hung in the galley as I waited to disembark the aircraft, they weren't even consistent in noting status. I saw some QPP noted (handwritten next to the pax name) and LPP but not me as TPP.

Comment

I was in row 34 on an aisle... normally I generally don't have too many problems in J class. I guess it was general bad service in economy ... maybe being a less pushy customer they think they can treat me worse - or being a female traveller on my own ... quite annoying! Anyway - hopefully one day they learn that consistent service is all part of the brand and building LT loyalty (and revenues)...

Comment

I just remember something that a FA had told me about the QPP/TPP in Y.
                          It depends on the gate agent for the flight, it is possible that the gate agent did not give the crew the list of pax with their status.
                          Also you have to remember that there are so many more QPP, and TPP now. So let's say there are 25 Y pax who are QPP and TPP, don't you think the non-status seating near you would wonder why he/she did not call by his/her name, while the other 25 were (assuming they were seating in the front section of the Y cabin.

Comment

My issues are not with the crew, I accept you get good and bad and agree, the good are the majority. My issue is with the non-existent service in the UK where trying to get anything done is just hopeless.

FWIW, although I've flown hundreds of thousands of miles on SQ, I've never flown a single one in Y so I only have experience of the premium service in the air.

Comment

Hi lhrpete, my response was in response of krisflyer's post. I know and I remember that you are never on SQ Y. And yes, I've heard about the UK problem for a long time, and it seems SQ never took care of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X