Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aaarrggghhh - does the UK call centre EVER answer the phone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaarrggghhh - does the UK call centre EVER answer the phone?

Try as I might I just can't seem to get through...!!!

All I want to do, as a First class customer, is book a seat and BTC, neither of which I seem to be able to do online (ticket booked as an award through bmi miles). But they just won't answer the phone.

Anyone got any ideas how I can get through to them? I've tried the 0844 number and also the geographical 0208 number. Is it just a case of waiting for 20/30/40 mins until they pick up? Deeply inconvenient...
    Check out my Trip Reports at:
    Phil's Travel Diary

I personally like to call SQ in SIngapore directly. Pretty quick in answering I must say.

Comment

My experience and those of others here in the UK is the same as CGK - best to call Singapore direct (and even then, I believe there's a new system where the call gets hung up if it's too busy!).

SQ flyers (including PPS) are somewhat neglected here in the UK, I'm afraid.

Comment

I hate those UK numbers, there was once I got through to change my reservation, and was informed via a recorded message...apparently all their lines were busy, and asked me to call back later, and then an abrupt end to my call! I find that rather rude!

And for some reason, the number I called that i got from the website is invalid!!!

Comment

Call reservations in SIN, PhilH. They're available 24 hours a day, and they're very pleasant to deal with.
          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Gosh, they outlasted you and with that waiting time, it will piss off any pax no end.

PhilH - Did you try the 0208 Marketing dept tel no who can do most things except the fares sideo f things? ..and as other SQTalkers suggested, do also call SIN.

Comment

Okay..glad to know that I am not the only person who experience this..
              Last december I called SIA UK several times..on hold for 10 mins each time..no sucess !!!

Originally posted by PhilH View Post
              Try as I might I just can't seem to get through...!!!

All I want to do, as a First class customer, is book a seat and BTC, neither of which I seem to be able to do online (ticket booked as an award through bmi miles). But they just won't answer the phone.

Anyone got any ideas how I can get through to them? I've tried the 0844 number and also the geographical 0208 number. Is it just a case of waiting for 20/30/40 mins until they pick up? Deeply inconvenient...

Comment

I am another UK SQer who now just phones SIN. If I call in the evening UK it is the middle of the night in SIN and I always get straight through.

Comment

I'm with the others, call SIN direct, I've lost count of the times I've complained about the UK call centre and now I've given up on it. I've even told them retrospectively that I've booked on QF, MH or CX (all because SQ didn't answer the call) and it doesn't jerk their complacency one bit.

FWIW when I've rung CX or QF the call tends to be answered in three or four rings.

I find these days I ring CX more and more....

Comment

Originally posted by lhrpete View Post
                    I find these days I ring CX more and more....
                    Coming from (I believe I am correct) a LPP, that says volumes about SQ's treatment of you and lesser PPS's in general!

Comment

Resolution

Well, thanks for all the suggestions everyone! I did eventually give up on the UK call centre and tried Singapore. Obviously this is expensive from the UK, but luckily I can call from work. However, why should my employer have to pay the cost of this?

Anyway, they still didn't answer even in Singapore. Then it dawned on me listening to the hold music that I could try emailing them. So I emailed the address given on the hold music (which doesn't appear online) SQ_Reservations@Singaporeair.com.sg and lo and behold I got a reply back within 12 hours with my seats and BTC both booked!

So the moral of the story is, depending on what you want to do, email them. For simple stuff like booking seats and BTC, definitely email them. Cheaper, easier and quicker!!!
                      Check out my Trip Reports at:
                      Phil's Travel Diary

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                        Coming from (I believe I am correct) a LPP, that says volumes about SQ's treatment of you and lesser PPS's in general!
                        You are correct - it used to be that if you complained you were called back almost immediately and the situation rectified immediately. These days, if they bother to call you back it's with an attitude of it's all your fault for not remaining on hold for ever and on occasions, how dare you complain. I don't need that any more than anyone else and I mind paying for it. They might be good but not that good.

I hadn't been on CX until about two years ago and it started when I called them to order some champagne for friends who were emigrating (in Y!) and I wanted to make the journey easier for them. I was amazed at the telephone experience which was pleasant, helpful and most of all prompt. They called me back exactly when we had agreed they would and I was left thinking this has to be an airline worth trying. If buying a £35 bottle of champagne got me service like that (which I understand was served in Y complete with glasses from F, canapes and starched napkins), what would a ticket in F get? So far, I haven't been disappointed, in some ways, it's like SQ used to be.

Comment

Working...
                        X