Check Your Flights: Winter Advisory for the Lake Regions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check Your Flights: Winter Advisory for the Lake Regions

Brutality of Winter continues to bring misery one way or the other or both for me. First we had the powerful windchill, now Greater Toronto is about to be slammed with heavy and blowing snow tomorrow and Wednesday in addition to the windchill. Snowstorm warning has been issued by Environment Canada:
    PHP Code:
    TorontoIssued 4.54 PM EST Monday 12 February 2007

Tonight
        Cloudy
    30 percent chance of flurries early this eveningLow minus 16. 
    Tuesday
        Cloudy with 60 percent chance of snow in the morning

Snow beginning early in the afternoonAmount 2 to 4 cm

Local blowing snow in the afternoon

Wind northeast 30 km/h gusting to 50. High minus 13. Wind chill minus 27. 
    Tuesday night
        Snow at times heavy 
    and local blowing snowAmount 10 to 15 cm

Wind northeast 30 km/h gusting to 50. Low minus 12. Wind chill minus 25. 
    Wednesday
        Periods of snow 
    and blowing snowWindyHigh minus 9. 
    Thursday
        A mix of sun 
    and cloud with 40 percent chance of flurriesLow minus 15. High minus 9. 
    Friday
        A mix of sun 
    and cloudWindyLow minus 10. High minus 2. 
    Don't know what is going to happen in nearby metros, but anyone flying to/from in/out of the Great Lake Region, check your flights and brace for the worst. I certainly don't know what is worse: Driving to work tomorrow morning in white out conditions or being stranded by cancelled flights. Maybe I should just walk to the office tomorrow?
    Last edited by Rejuvenated; 13 February 2007, 01:16 PM.
    My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

I've heard snow shoveling can cause heart problems? Can someone confirm this?

Comment

Winter storm advisory out for Michigan from Tue am to Wed am...and me with a flight out of DTW at 6am on Wed

Comment

Wow....I'd never imagine winter could be so bad.

Comment

Heh. And I'm leaving SoCal (gonna be 27C) flying back to New York this weekend too.

Boston was chilly last week! -8C at noon last Thursday.

Comment

I had forgotten what real winters were like. My delayed car service which had me waiting outside JFK in the single digit (Fahrenheit) wind chill was a good occasion for re-acquainting myself with Northeastern cold. It was quite invigorating ... until it got painful.

I hope my flight tonight isn't ruined by the icy rain or wind today.
            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

We in the US midwest really got slammed by the storm which headed your way, Rejuve. Many, many flights into or out of CVG delayed or cancelled. Lots of ice and snow to deal with during this morning's commute, and now we have a windchill of -15°C. Ugh.
              Last edited by MovieMan; 15 February 2007, 12:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MovieMan View Post
                We in the US midwest really got slammed by the storm which headed your way, Rejuve. Many, many flights into or out of CVG delayed or cancelled. Lots of ice and snow to deal with during this morning's commute, and now we have a windchill of -15°C. Ugh.
                I was thinking about you yesterday & hoping you were getting through it okay. I was in MSP which was just cold for a couple days, flew back to ORD (barely) last night. Tonight I get to shovel A LOT of snow off my driveway.

Comment

I hope you guys there are coping well. Was talking with my colleagues in OH and they had like 12" of snowfall yesterday

Comment

I had no idea so may sqtalkers reside in freezer box climates. I've always thought SQ = Singapore = Tropical/warm/humid.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi Mile View Post
                      I had no idea so may sqtalkers reside in freezer box climates. I've always thought SQ = Singapore = Tropical/warm/humid.
                      Yeah we're an invigoratingly diverse crowd ... or a very motley crew, depending on your perspective and mood.

Comment

Grrrr. I'm now experiencing the impact. 2230 JFK-LHR flight now pushed back to 0130 ... for now. Tomorrow is going to be very painful.

Comment

Whiteout doses of images throughout Greater Toronto these two days. Took me 1.5 hrs to drive home from work today from what is usually only a 15-20 minute commute.

All images courtesy of the Toronto Star
                          Last edited by Rejuvenated; 15 February 2007, 12:55 PM.
                          My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

For those of you in warmer climes, this is why it is so scary to drive in icy weather...

Video

Happened a couple of days ago near CVG, during the worst of the storm.

Comment

Horrible weather, but nice white snow pictures..
                              I have never experienced something like this before - would be nice to experience just ONE day like this when I don't need to go out.

Hope your days are not overly affected by the weather, MovieMan.

Comment

Working...
                              X