Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• on line check in emergency seats???

Hi

Just joined this site and have a question.

Have a flight coming up in a few weeks and requested either seat 31c or emergency exit seat as im KF*G. Have the following reply from SQ.

I have requested for your seat preference 31C for all your flights but I
    have managed to get seats on the emergency exit for the Singapore to Sydney
    and the return leg Sydney to Singapore sectors. For the flight sectors,
    Manchester to Singapore and return to Manchester, the emergency exit seat
    are on request
    also. There is also a request for a seat with additional legroom.

My question is if i check in online will my emergency seats show up on my booking when i check in or will i have to wait untill i get to the airport to secure these seats?? ( i prefere online check in as got my one op up when i used this service ) also all my flights are showing as full in economy.

Any ideas???

Usually, SQ is quite responsive to SQ *G requests for emergency seats, so you may already get emergency seats by the time you OLCI. In case you don't, repeat your request when you check your luggage in (as early as is comfortable for you). A couple of times at LHR, I received the seating at the gate, just before I entered the departure area. This was after I had OLCI'd, repeated the request at checkin, and used both the VS CH and SKL for as long as I could.

And welcome to SQTalk, spannerandbolts.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Welcome to SQTalk!

What jjpb3 said, and:

- For sectors on which your emex requests have been confirmed, the seats will show up when you perform OLCI. However, do note that SIN-SYD-SIN is operated by a 744 and you might wish to avoid the window seats on the exit row as the protrusion of the emergency slides will decrease your leg room significantly. IME it's impossible to change to another emex seat with OLCI should you be already assigned one. Should you get the window and it looks like it's a full flight - just turn up to the airport early (approximately 2 hours b4 departure) and try to get them switched to the aisle. This is more an issue with your inbound as you'd be originating from SYD then - but I'd assume the SIN-SYD flight would be wide open for you when you check in at MAN for the outbound.

- As a LH*G flying SQ, I've always had emex seats confirmed by the time OLCI or telephone check in (which is 2 calendar days b4 departure as opposed to 48 hours b4 - ahh the good ole days) open. As you're KF EG you shouldn't have any problems getting the PN requests confirmed.
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Status is mostly irrelevant for EMEX requests. If its available, you can get the request confirmed right away by calling reservations anytime. If the request is pending confirmation, status may be prioritized. You just won't know your seat number until OLCI.

Comment

emex seats

Well looks like my sin-syd emex seats are confirmed so should come up on my OLCI.

Im flying out on the 3rd March from Man and looks like all my flights are full so any extra space will help.

Thanks for all the info.

Comment

I have booked four Y seats - MEL/SIN then SIN/HKG. Being PPS, would I have any chance of getting all four of us into emergency exit rows or would my improved chances only relate to me?
            - One *S and two non-status accompanying pax

Regards
            SQ744

Comment

Originally posted by SQ744 View Post
              I have booked four Y seats - MEL/SIN then SIN/HKG. Being PPS, would I have any chance of getting all four of us into emergency exit rows or would my improved chances only relate to me?
              - One *S and two non-status accompanying pax

Regards
              SQ744
              See post #4 in this thread

Comment

Working...
              X