Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding CNY

Hi All,
    I want to know what you think about visiting the following cities for CNY.
    - Singapore. I read that everything will be dead. Not a good idea to be in the Lion City.
    - Jakarta. What do you think StarG?
    - Bangkok. Is this where everything is happening? Is BKK where everyone goes to escape their home base?
    Thanks in advance.

Note: Bali is not an option.

I was in Singapore last year for CNY - never again! Most shops, restaurants, hawker centres etc shut for a number of days. Bored out of my mind!

Comment

I think it will just feel like another Sunday here in Jakarta - not much different.

Comment

I was in BKK a couple of CNYs ago. The place was crawling with Singaporeans

Comment

CGK..... you forgot KUL

CGK does not love me!

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
            CGK..... you forgot KUL
            NO PPS for SIN-KUL-SIN

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
              NO PPS for SIN-KUL-SIN
              Oh now I feel worse

Traded for EQM's!

CGK does not love me!

Comment

Still thinking! Hmm need to get that tier points... traitors air flies SIN-BKK-SIN and no BKK-KUL-BKK right?

Comment

I don't recommend SIN either. Most places are closed.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                    I don't recommend SIN either. Most places are closed.
                    Thank you. Where would you go for the weekend of 17-19 Feb? Bangkok? Colombo? Langkawi?

Comment

Thank you. Where would you go for the weekend of 17-19 Feb? Bangkok? Colombo? Langkawi?
                      I would go somewhere cooler. CNY in SIN is always hot. Last year it was the the 2nd hottest day in SIN history. Maybe CNX? or SGN?

Comment

Reco is for you to go where there is less Chinese as they all will be celebrating CNY. Langkawi is nice relaxing place to chill and I think you can hire a car to go round the island. Furthermore, you know the lingo.

...or for 1.25 sectors (though not worth it), go to Perth...it's near to SIN (4hrs) and it's a nice place if you have never been.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                          I think it will just feel like another Sunday here in Jakarta - not much different.
                          Hey...I will be in CGK this coming CNY. Anyone here keen on meeting up for an SQTalk gathering during this weekend?

Comment

Sorry but have to pass on this one as I have family gatherings for the CNY during the weekend.

Comment

Looks like I am heading for Bangkok for this Saturday. Do you think Chatuchak opens?

Comment

Working...
                              X