Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NRT Lounge Options for QPP in SQ J?

Dear All,

I am planning for a trip to US via NRT in J on SQ. Just wondering about the lounge access. I have the following questions:

1. I assumed that with QPPS and not Solitaire, I can only use the ANA Business Class Lounge at NRT?

2. How is the lounge? Are there better alternatives?

3. What is the usual distance from the gate to the Lounge?

I have searched the forum but only found the ANA F Lounge, which I can't use.

Appreciate any kind advice.

Thanks.

1) Yes unless you know someone flying F who can guest you into the F lounge.

2) Lounge is nice without being stunning. It is very close to the gate used (and transfer security if you are in transit). There is also a RCC you can use, a modest distance away. Whilst that is the best RCC anywhere it is not as nice as the NH lounge.

3) Not far - 1 minute walk. You'll walk much further either from check in at NRT to the lounge or from gate to transfer security to the lounge.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
      1) Yes unless you know someone flying F who can guest you into the F lounge.

2) Lounge is nice without being stunning. It is very close to the gate used (and transfer security if you are in transit). There is also a RCC you can use, a modest distance away. Whilst that is the best RCC anywhere it is not as nice as the NH lounge.

3) Not far - 1 minute walk. You'll walk much further either from check in at NRT to the lounge or from gate to transfer security to the lounge.
      Thanks Kiwi, appreciate your speedy response. My wife is worried about the daughter's circulation problem in her legs on a long flight and wanted a place to change the bandages. That is why we are heading to the US for treatment.

Comment

I was flying J JKT <-> Tokyo back in September. I think the lounge is Ana Lounge but SQ J can also access United Airlines Lounge. I think the United Lounge is better. The Ana Lounge is very bare.

Comment

Originally posted by benlee View Post
          I was flying J JKT <-> Tokyo back in September. I think the lounge is Ana Lounge but SQ J can also access United Airlines Lounge. I think the United Lounge is better. The Ana Lounge is very bare.
          Depends what you are going for too. I've always gone to the NH lounge. RCC has shower facilities and not much food, but NH lounge has some food selections but I'm not sure about shower.

Comment

Originally posted by fone View Post
            Depends what you are going for too. I've always gone to the NH lounge. RCC has shower facilities and not much food, but NH lounge has some food selections but I'm not sure about shower.
            Both RCC and NH lounge has shower facilities.
            Oftentimes, there are long wait for shower at the RCC but I've never had to wait at the NH lounge.
            Food selection is much better at NH lounge too with Udon bar, a couple of soup selection, sandwiches and rolls.

I stop by at the RCC to get H2O shower kit, though.
            I like the kit.

Comment

Originally posted by kkjay77 View Post
              Food selection is much better at NH lounge too with Udon bar, a couple of soup selection, sandwiches and rolls.
              Don't forget the ice-cream!!! You can make a (or several) request(s). The flavours are listed on a little cardboard affixed to the fridge door. LionCity, your little princess would love the treat.

I'm sorry I can't put up any pics of the UA and NH J lounge in time for your trip. All my pics are still sitting on jhm's laptop.

Comment

I believe since the SQ turns are rather quick at NRT, the NH lounge is probably a better bet. The RCC can get crowded and as mentioned, having to wait for showers at times (even though I've lucked out nearly all the time without having to wait). NH has the hot noodles and is quite quiet but if you're there just for a quick turn yourself, I would head to NH for sure iso RCC. To each his own I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by wazza View Post
                  I believe since the SQ turns are rather quick at NRT, the NH lounge is probably a better bet. The RCC can get crowded and as mentioned, having to wait for showers at times (even though I've lucked out nearly all the time without having to wait). NH has the hot noodles and is quite quiet but if you're there just for a quick turn yourself, I would head to NH for sure iso RCC. To each his own I guess.
                  Thanks everyone for their invaluable input. Yes the NH was the right choice I must say. The showers really helped. Certainly not the best lounge around but adequate.

Comment

There are 2 NH Lounges to choose from.

I prefer the one at the far end of the terminal because you get good views of the runway.

The one SQ uses has no windows.

It's not a long walk under the apron..

Comment

Working...
                    X