Op upgrades: BKK/MNL/HKG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Op upgrades: BKK/MNL/HKG

SIN-BKK/vv, SIN-MNL/vv, and SIN-HKG/vv are three regional routes where op-upgrades are possible.

Can any elite flyers who go between these destinations attest to which flights and days of week are most likely to see op-upgrades?

Op-ups are very rarely (so far never) given for SQ flights. They are just so good in terms of capacity control.....

Comment

BKK-SIN on Fri late afternoons and early evenings. A TPP I know had a 50% success rating last year.
      Also SIN-SYD about this time of the year

Comment

SIN-Australia (especially MEL, SYD, PER) around this time of the year definitely, and mid to late July.

Australia-SIN around late June-early July, and late November-early December.

It'd really depend on the number of PPS members in the same cabin as you are I suppose, and how many of them outrank you in terms of number of years as PPS or whether they're TPP.

If you do get an upgrade - please remember to get a lottery ticket after your flight.
        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
          BKK-SIN on Fri late afternoons and early evenings. A TPP I know had a 50% success rating last year.
          Also SIN-SYD about this time of the year
          I guess I am very unlucky person. Had done around the time frame you mentioned, and ZERO record up to now. (SQ doesn't love me. )

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
            I guess I am very unlucky person. Had done around the time frame you mentioned, and ZERO record up to now. (SQ doesn't love me. )
            Oh........maybe I should have re-phrased. The op-ups were ALL Y to C. Since you're already in premium.......well.......

Comment

I think CX also op ups plenty on BKK-SIN route.
              Even J-->F.

Comment

StarG... also on SIN-HK
                There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Fly solo after Christmas/in the new year from Sydney to Singapore. Don't order any special meal requests. I got upgraded this new year from J class (redeemed miles too) to F. Been upgraded previously from Y to J using airmile redemptions too.

By the way, can someone try to include a definitions posting... this site is confusing for a newbie... for example what is a TPP vs QPP?

Comment

Originally posted by krisflyer View Post
                    By the way, can someone try to include a definitions posting... this site is confusing for a newbie... for example what is a TPP vs QPP?
                    That's in the works, krisflyer. Welcome!
                    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                      I've scored a couple of upgrades as an Elite Gold on the 4pm flight and one on New Years Day as an Elite Silver. Nothing as PPS.

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                      I think CX also op ups plenty on BKK-SIN route.
                      Even J-->F.
                      My no-oneworld-status gf got upgraded from deep-discount Y to C on this route.

Comment

Originally posted by krisflyer View Post
                        Welcome to SQTalk, krisflyer.

TPP refers to someone like you , i.e. a PPS Solitaire.

QPP is your normal run of the mill PPS.

LPP is a lifetime PPS.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post

QPP is your normal run of the mill PPS.
                          Ah you mean the garden variety type.......

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                            Ah you mean the garden variety type.......
                            Common as weeds in fact and spoiling the otherwise pristine SKL!

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                              Common as weeds in fact and spoiling the otherwise pristine SKL!

Oh dear - that's terrible! Anybody like weed?

Comment

Working...
                              X