Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yet another cost-cutting measures from SQ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another cost-cutting measures from SQ?

Went to the SQ ticketing and reservation at Paragon...had the SIN-CGK F ticket issued. The agent said that in the near future, no more special (Blue and Brown/Red colored) ticket folders for Business and First class passengers. All will be standardized, together with the Economy class.
    Last edited by YK@HKG; 9 February 2007, 06:39 PM.

I think it's a branding thing. Considering that F/J/Y now share a common font and titling.

Though I suppose colours are slightly different.

Comment

I am pretty sure the colors would be different, they need the differentiation.

Comment

Why don't they just go all the way and put the same seats in F as in Y and also serve the same meals that would really save some money.

Comment

It is slightly frustrating that SQ is cutting back...especially as charges for flights are going up (new ER tickets).

I suppose not too fussed with this small change though...perhaps it better than pple dont know what class you're flying in. Would rather they give better gifts on re-qualification than keep these ticket holders...but given the record, not likely to see any benefits from this cost cutting exercise for us.

Comment

Originally posted by YK@HKG View Post
            ... no more special (Blue and Brown/Red colored) ticket folders for Business and First class passengers. All will be standardized, together with the Economy class.
            You mean you want me to make a 'scene' at row 4 when I pass Changi this month onwards? J777 has seen me giving a very hard time to those staff.

Comment

Originally posted by YK@HKG View Post
              The agent said that in the near future, no more special (Blue and Brown/Red colored) ticket folders for Business and First class passengers. All will be standardized, together with the Economy class.
              Are you refering to these current ones:
              http://images20.fotki.com/v364/free/...jpg?1167034607
              Last edited by Rejuvenated; 12 February 2007, 02:14 PM.
              My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

Originally posted by Rejuvenated View Post
                Are you refering to these current ones:
                http://images20.fotki.com/v364/free/...jpg?1167034607
                Yes indeed....those folders.....the Raffles and First will be gone soon....

Comment

Someone correct me here, but for some reason I seem to recall that SQ used to have a standard one-class-fits-all jacket back in the early to mid 90s ex-LAX. I think it was mostly royal (or whatever that deep blue SQ color is) blue with a batik detailing on the bottom of it, and the "Singapore Airlines" on the bottom right hand corner.

Sorta looks like the current Raffles cover, but with the batik under the line.

Comment

Never got those ticket jackets ex-LAX in the 90s.
                    IME, it was class-specific too (Bright red & gold for F, dark blue & gold for J, and something of thinner material for Y). Never any batik image.

Comment

Working...
                    X