No sleeping facilities at SQ T3 Lounges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No sleeping facilities at SQ T3 Lounges

A great ommission at the SQ T3 lounges whether First or Biz... No sleeping berths, unlike T2 which still has, in spite of the silly uncomfortable sleepers and a noisy air freshener!!
    When asked why, in spite of the all the space available, I was not given a tenable answer. Any one knows why???

There are some suitable sofas towards the back which you can slumer in during the night, though not ideal it helps. Should be some pictures on this site somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by view View Post
      There are some suitable sofas towards the back which you can slumer in during the night, though not ideal it helps. Should be some pictures on this site somewhere.
      http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showpos...08&postcount=5 would be the pictures.

Comment

You've gotta be joking, right?? You spend hours in a plane that SQ talks about, and you've paid a premium for, and then if you are unlucky - even moreso of recent times, that you cannot connect properly due to cuts . Eg. SEL/SIN/SYD, with a layover of some 6 hours of so, and you wanna me to sleep on a "sofa". Surely this amount of "loyalty" is asking for too much, don't you guys out there think? But no one knows why - No slumberettes...

Comment

Originally posted by Cashsuds View Post
          You've gotta be joking, right?? You spend hours in a plane that SQ talks about, and you've paid a premium for, and then if you are unlucky - even moreso of recent times, that you cannot connect properly due to cuts . Eg. SEL/SIN/SYD, with a layover of some 6 hours of so, and you wanna me to sleep on a "sofa". Surely this amount of "loyalty" is asking for too much, don't you guys out there think? But no one knows why - No slumberettes...
          Per your own suggestion on another thread, you can get a room for a reasonable price in one of the three transit hotels:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showpos...92&postcount=4

Make sure you do not proceed to Immigration and stay at the Transit Hotel. Its cheap, clean and really convenient!!

Comment

Precisely the reason I found out myself firsthand to use the transit hotel. If the SKL provided this service then there is no necessity to go pay extra for the transit hotel. But isn't this what we should expect as solitaire pps members who pay and continue to be loyal supporters of SQ???
            Anyone can have access to the transit hotel. You do not need to be a supporter of SQ.

Comment

Maybe you can find an online forum dedicated to Transit hotel in Changi....
              There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
              If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

I can confirm that at least the staff will provide you with a set of pillow and blanket when requested.

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
                  I can confirm that at least the staff will provide you with a set of pillow and blanket when requested.
                  That's not bad!

Comment

Originally posted by hsf View Post
                    That's not bad!
                    Eww, that's tacky!

Comment

I heard the transit is pretty reasonable. Will take a proper bed anytime over a lounge.

Comment

Originally posted by LionCity View Post
                        I heard the transit is pretty reasonable. Will take a proper bed anytime over a lounge.
                        It is. Did a 6hr block back in Jul. Ditto, I'd cough out the money for a room at the transit over that free slumberette thingy in T2 SKL F anytime. Slumberette is good for a nap but a proper overnight? No way, and I'm someone who could sleep on an M113.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Bhoy View Post
                          It is. Did a 6hr block back in Jul. Ditto, I'd cough out the money for a room at the transit over that free slumberette thingy in T2 SKL F anytime. Slumberette is good for a nap but a proper overnight? No way, and I'm someone who could sleep on an M113.
                          Interesting you could sleep in M113. I was onboard as a seaman freighter in Bay of Biscay in unfortunately common bad winter weather and was tossed on the bed periodically and still could sleep but no way in a M113. I must be made of a weaker of body than you. Anyway an airline lounge is not= hotel...if you can afford premium travel why not stay in a transit hotel is what I have to add.

Comment

Originally posted by LionCity View Post
                            Anyway an airline lounge is not= hotel...if you can afford premium travel why not stay in a transit hotel is what I have to add.
                            This is precisely why you would want by paying extra for premium travel - for a "seamless" experience and not have to "look" for alternatives. One should get what they pay for!! Nothing more nothing less. In this world there are no "free lunches" but it's not our fault that we cannot connect directly to another flight during those hours.

I agree with you the airline lounge is not a hotel, but under these circumstances when one is on "transit" during these hours, its the obligation of a carrier to provide "a resting place" In the good old days, SQ used to pay for a hotel if the transit was overnight, but over time, SQ decided to drop this.

Comment

This is precisely why you would want by paying extra for premium travel - for a "seamless" experience and not have to "look" for alternatives. One should get what they pay for!! Nothing more nothing less. In this world there are no "free lunches" but it's not our fault that we cannot connect directly to another flight during those hours.

I agree with you the airline lounge is not a hotel, but under these circumstances when one is on "transit" during these hours, its the obligation of a carrier to provide "a resting place" In the good old days, SQ used to pay for a hotel if the transit was overnight, but over time, SQ decided to drop this.
                              Yes, the world have changed. I do agree that SQ did worked harder for their passenger in the past under the old regime. Many of us are frustrated about it liked you about it. I also do not liked the way SQ treated the passengers liked you (when you were short of 3,000 miles to LPPS). Just for my case only, I would have done a mileage run and fly the cheapest economy on SQ or other airlines and it will cost SQ to maintain my LPPS status. Subsequently, I will hope to have greater chances of upgrading while flying EY.

Many of us do not liked the changes to PPS but we recognized it and move on. Some liked you changed airlines including BA so SQ has become not relevant to you anymore. Some liked me stayed on and some in between but I have never been too emotional about SQ and I know it is just a purely business relationship.

On the other hand SQ biz in EY has been affected by LCCs and they are also in the cost saving mode. I remembered flights to HKG costing a lot more in EY. That has affected the airline mentality. The cut in privileges may actually be an industrial wide trend but I really don't know. I feel that we passengers also need to be sometimes generous particularly when we don't really need it and we bear without it for the majority of the time. I have seen passengers in F Class not accepting vouchers for non-working AVOD. They said it is ok and that they don't really need the AVOD anyway.

There are always pluses and minuses.
                              Last edited by LionCity; 8 December 2009, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X