Air Force 1 at Paya Lebar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Force 1 at Paya Lebar

I thought I posted it, but didn't find it. Anyways, anyone going to Paya Lebar to catch a glimpse of AF1?

Originally posted by E-Aviation View Post
    I thought I posted it, but didn't find it. Anyways, anyone going to Paya Lebar to catch a glimpse of AF1?
    Tell me if you are able to get in. AFAIK during my active days, the security was tight like gundam

Comment

To give the OP the benefit of the doubt, he mentioned Paya Lebar, not Paya Lebar Airbase.

Comment

Originally posted by aerosmith View Post
        To give the OP the benefit of the doubt, he mentioned Paya Lebar, not Paya Lebar Airbase.
        I wished I would... by no way are we gonna sight it Paya Lebar MRT no?

Comment

I doubt you will see it. Do let us know if you do.

Comment

Hey guys,

I remember back in I think... 2000 or 2001 I was at Singapore Post Centre next to Paya Lebar MRT when we suddenly heard the loud sound of a low-flying aircraft so when I looked up, lo and behold I saw a B747 painted in Airforce 1 colours! It was accompanied by what looked like two RSAF F5 Tigers on its side.

I was quite excited as u can imagine and surprised also as there hadn't been any news about a visit from anyone from the US that day.

Comment

As i was travellling to a friend's place saw Air Force One coming in to land at Paya Lebar from Punggol at abt 7pm - 7.15pm sat evening - and was not accompanied by any fighter aircrafts. However, understand that there's always another AF1 trailing behind; as there's actually 2 AF1s.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                However, understand that there's always another AF1 trailing behind; as there's actually 2 AF1s.
                Technically, there's only one Air Force One. Any Air Force a/c the President boards becomes the Air Force One. The jumbos normal callsign, if I'm not mistaken, is S27000 and S28000. Saw it on a NGC docu before. ANd you're true about the two AF1s coming in.

Too bad you didn't take any pics of the AF1 landing.

Comment

Originally posted by boing View Post
                  Technically, there's only one Air Force One. Any Air Force a/c the President boards becomes the Air Force One. The jumbos normal callsign, if I'm not mistaken, is S27000 and S28000. Saw it on a NGC docu before. ANd you're true about the two AF1s coming in.

VC-25 SAM 28000 & 29000.

Comment

I was driving at that time so didnt even have time to whip out my handphone cam and it was too close already when i realised that it was AF1 - as thought it was just a 747 coming in for maintenance when it was approaching.
                    And coincidently just saw part of Discovery on Air Force One just now at 8pm plus.

Comment

Originally posted by boing View Post

The actual callsigns are SAM 28000 and SAM 29000

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                        As i was travellling to a friend's place saw Air Force One coming in to land at Paya Lebar from Punggol at abt 7pm - 7.15pm sat evening - and was not accompanied by any fighter aircrafts. However, understand that there's always another AF1 trailing behind; as there's actually 2 AF1s.
                        You confirmed my suspicion on the approach... Technically approach into PLAB would be to the northeast from the sea, as the rest of the areas are too built up for finals... so no way a low flying 747 around SingPost Center. Never expect CAAS to allow a Kai Tak

Comment

Originally posted by SINFJ View Post
                          You confirmed my suspicion on the approach... Technically approach into PLAB would be to the northeast from the sea, as the rest of the areas are too built up for finals... so no way a low flying 747 around SingPost Center. Never expect CAAS to allow a Kai Tak
                          I will assume AF1 came in from the northeast due to security reasons but I once saw either a C5 or a C17 land from the SingPost Ctr side.

Comment

Photo of Air Force 1 landing at PLAB.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=604767

Comment

Well I did manage to catch a glimpse, but so much that I can only say that yes I did see it. Not very clear and police presence was clear being PLA and S 28000 or S29000 but yes I did see it, may upload photos soon, not that they are any good because of the police

Comment

Working...
                              X