Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTC for Breakfast SQ285 SIN to AKL

Hi,

On SQ285 SIN to AKL in Business and need some help with the BTC meal selection.

I am going to request two BTC meals:
    Supper - Slipper lobster Thermidor (happy with this choice)

Breakfast - not sure about this choice, but would like one of the following Singapore Specialities
    • Braised soya-flavoured duck with yam rice (Not a fan)
    • Chicken curry Peranakan style with bread rolls (Possible option)
    • Nasi biryani (Possible option)
    • Nasi lemak (Possible option)
    • Singapore Chicken Rice (Will have plenty of this on the ground in Singapore and Malaysia)

Which would you chose? Chicken curry, Nasi biryani or Nasi lemak?

Advice appreciated

I think for breakfast you only get to choose out of the above options Nasi Biryani (I prefer to spell that as Briyani btw), and Nasi Lemak.

There's also a selection of noodles if you're into that.

Comment

I've tried both breakfast options, and the nasi biryani is easily the much tastier option. But some people may find the range of flavors a bit much for breakfast.
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
        I think for breakfast you only get to choose out of the above options Nasi Biryani (I prefer to spell that as Briyani btw), and Nasi Lemak.
        Correct.

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
        I've tried both breakfast options, and the nasi biryani is easily the much tastier option. But some people may find the range of flavors a bit much for breakfast.
        Never had Nasi Lemak on SQ (is there seafood in it ?) but had Nasi Biryani for breakfast many times and always enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
          Never had Nasi Lemak on SQ (is there seafood in it ?) but had Nasi Biryani for breakfast many times and always enjoy it.
          Yes, the dried fish. It's beautifully presented and the tastes come out well at altitude, but I prefer the much bigger portions that I gobble on the ground. <burp>
          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
            Yes, the dried fish. It's beautifully presented and the tastes come out well at altitude, but I prefer the much bigger portions that I gobble on the ground. <burp>
            That's why I haven't had it then. I don't care how beautifully presented it is, seafood is crap.

Comment

That's why I haven't had it then. I don't care how beautifully presented it is, seafood is crap.
              You should try seafood with a very special someone who can convert you to being a seafood lover.

Comment

Thanks for all the advice, will go with Slipper lobster Thermidor (Supper) Nasi Biryani (breakfast)!

Just wondering, took a look at the recent menus listed by Kiwi and it appears that Satay is no longer on the menu. Is there a reason for this?

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                  You should try seafood with a very special someone who can convert you to being a seafood lover.
                  Anglina Jolie and Halle Berry couldn't get me eating seafood....

Comment

Anglina Jolie and Halle Berry couldn't get me eating seafood....
                    Hmm ceasar with shrimp and celery stick might do the trick.

Comment

I go for the nasi briyani on this flight.

Comment

BTC breakfast is great, esp when everyone around you is envious as your eating tasty food rather than eggs and mystery sausage.

Comment

Nasi briyani gets my vote..

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
                            Nasi briyani gets my vote..

Thanks for the pic, I will be having this on my upcomming SIN-SYD flight (SQ 231) for breakfast...
                            God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Working...
                            X