NRT Meeting Friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NRT Meeting Friends

I just found out that two good friends of mine are going to be arriving NRT the same day that I am (although on different airlines) and are interested in taking either the Limobus or NRT Express train into town with me.

My flight SQ11 arrives an hour ten minutes after their flight does and I feel really bad asking them to wait around for me in a part of the airport that lacks tons of sitting areas or many creature comforts (or at least it did last time that I was there).

My thinking was to have them head off to either the RCC or ANA lounge and wait for me till my arrival, than we could all shower and head into town together.

The issue arose that unlike AMS for example, where one can access the lounges upon arrival, that is not possible at NRT easily. In the past, with airports like NRT, I have purchased fully refundable tickets and used that ticket to transit back into the departure level and access the lounge. Upon access, I would refund the ticket and go on about my day.

My question, if my friends and I were to purchase fully refundable tickets and use those tickets to transit NRT, can we leave the airport from the departure level?

Simply put, will we be able to clear immigration and customs from the departure level or is my friends only option to immigrate Japan upon arrival of their flight and then simply stand around and wait for my arrival?

Thanks,
    Dan

I'm not too sure but there are quite a few cafe's at NRT where they can wait for you landside...
    God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

IIRC there is pay shower facility landside at NRT. I'd prefer that than buying a refundable ticket just to get into the airside lounge. For food etc, the cafes are NRT would have much better food than any of the lounges.

Comment

Thanks for the insight, I spoke with my friends and they are going to wait it out at the cafes landside.

Dan

Comment

Working...
        X