Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LHR to Sheraton Belgravia: cab it or train it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LHR to Sheraton Belgravia: cab it or train it?

Heading to LHR on Monday, staying at the Sheraton Belgravia..

Better to cab it, or train to Paddington and cab it from there?

Travelling with a huge 30kg suitcase and a small trolley..

Appreciate any advice!

Cab it all the way. I have taken a cab to/from LHR whenever I've stayed in the Knightsbridge area and have found the cab rather convenient, especially as I'm a chronic overpacker. The HEX gets you into Paddington, at which point you have to either take the tube to Knightsbridge (been there, done that with heavy luggage - NOT recommended) or catch a cab at Paddington to Knightsbridge which results in a negligible price difference compared to cabbing it all the way from LHR especially with the extra hassle involved.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

You have a lot to carry with you - so my advice is to pre-book a taxi. I've used Simply Airports, Just Airports and Airport Executive many times before and they have all been excellent. They will all do a transfer for about £35.

Comment

Thanks kchika, wish I had been given that advice previously, that's a more reasonable price for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
          Thanks kchika, wish I had been given that advice previously, that's a more reasonable price for sure!
          Sorry I'm not familiar with cab fares! I usually take the train/tube or drive.

Comment

Tube's really not an option I think. The sheraton belgravia is closer to Sloane Square than Knightsbridge.

I think so anyway, cause I might have been to london once or twice.

Comment

Thanks KeithMEL, kchika, sqfg for the advice...

Just booked simply airports for 35 GBP...

Roughing it out in TG Y tonight (744 with no personal screens!)..

Cheers!

Comment

If you have a big suitacase them taxi is always the best option, despite how ludicrously expensive they are in London. £35 is pretty good though.

Originally posted by leo View Post

Roughing it out in TG Y tonight (744 with no personal screens!)..
                Compensated by 34" legroom though.

Sheraton Belgravia is leaving Starwood shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                  Compensated by 34" legroom though.
                  Yeah the legroom was nice (my first 7 hrs sleep in Y )

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                  Sheraton Belgravia is leaving Starwood shortly.
                  I know... The staff at the front desk and Fabrizio in the dining room ain't too happy about it... I personally like this hotel very much.. Didn't get a suite this time (World Travel Market).. But a fantastic rate of 105GBP made my choice simple..

<edit>According to the Front Desk Manager, Starwood's management contract is ending end of this year and the hotel will be closed for renovations for a couple of months. There is a possibility of renewing the contract after renovations.

IMO, I hope they do not "modernize" the hotel too much in terms of decor, don't think we need a Westin-type hotel in the area</edit>
                  Last edited by leo; 14 November 2009, 02:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X