New to this ---Help on overnight transit questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to this ---Help on overnight transit questions

Hi we are going to New Zealand early next year and stopping over in Changi Airport. Coming back we have a an overnight stop over can anyone advise me?

1) Do we have to collect our luggage or will it be keep by the airline.

2) We are thinking of booking a hotel via the Singapore web site it says coach to the hotel included in the price. How does it all work. Can any kind person please explain! Not done anything like this before!

They will tag your luggage all the way through to your final destination so there is no need to pick it up in SIN for the stopover. However if you think you will need items from your checked luggage then you can ask them to tag it only to SIN.

Sorry no idea about the coaching to the hotel.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
      They will tag your luggage all the way through to your final destination so there is no need to pick it up in SIN for the stopover. However if you think you will need items from your checked luggage then you can ask them to tag it only to SIN.

Sorry no idea about the coaching to the hotel.

Thanks for your reply. We are taking an overnight bag as hand luggage so we won't need the checked luggage. I am finding the idea of this trip more daunting as it draws near. I have been reading the posts and am getting more confused than every, it must be to do with my age!

Comment

Changi and Singapore are both very easy to navigate. If your hotel voucher says there's a coach transport, then there must be - if not, taxis aren't that expensive

Comment

Welcome to SQTalk, ultra1984.

Are you considering an SQ Singapore Stopover Holiday ?. If so they have an area set aside for this IIRC. If you don't see this, just ask one of the many help desk staff in green jackets dotted around the terminals. They will be able to help you.

There is no need to be daunted at all, this is SQ and Changi, the epitome's of efficiency. It will be a doddle, and afterwards you'll wonder what all the fuss was about.

Comment

When you arrive in Changi, have your SQ boarding pass together with your hotel reservation booking ready (i.e. print the 'voucher' they e-mailed you at time of booking). Go through immigration + customs, walk outside, look for a Singapore Stopover Holiday counter.

If you can't find one, look for an Information counter who'll point you in the right direction. It will take all of one to two minutes to locate.

Go to the counter, give them your prepaid booking and SQ boarding pass. They'll give you a sticker for your bus driver to recognise you. They will also direct you to the bus pickup point, where you'll wait for the next bus. The bus will drop you off at your hotel doorstep.

Voila - nothing to be worried about. Which hotel are you staying at, by the way?

Comment

Thank you all for your answers. This is our itinerary.

Heathrow-- land in Singapore 18.45---1945 leave Singapore for Christchurch (worried about only having an hour between flights)

Return Journey

Christchurch--Singapore land 1725----- 0905 next day for Heathrow.

We haven't booked a hotel yet wanted to find out what happens. Thought about just staying in the airport but not sure about that either. If we decide on going to a hotel would we have to book the return journey or do the coaches run at all times?

Thanks again

Comment

They would provide the return coach as well, don't worry.

(well, the only thing you have to worry about is waking up on time!)

Comment

For your LHR-SIN segment, you are guaranteed to land at SIN T3 and your flight to CHC will also depart from T3.
                  No need to worry about having only one hour transit time.

Comment

Thank you all so much for your replies. I am feeling alot better already. I have always wanted to travel with Singapore airlines and the trip to New Zealand is a one off. We are visting family. Any more advice welcome. Thank you all again.

Comment

Have a great trip. I am sure SQ will look after you!

Comment

Not sure if you still need any more info but have used Changi Crowne Plaza hotel and it is great. Means you can just walk to the hotel rather than catch the coach. However you won"t get to see the city at all if you stay there.
                        I miss Changi Airport... based in Germany now and I miss the ease of Changi more than Laksa...!

Comment

Originally posted by JoJo Zep View Post
                          Not sure if you still need any more info but have used Changi Crowne Plaza hotel and it is great. Means you can just walk to the hotel rather than catch the coach. However you won"t get to see the city at all if you stay there.
                          I miss Changi Airport... based in Germany now and I miss the ease of Changi more than Laksa...!
                          Thanks for the advice. Had a look but it seems it is booked up. Can you tell me will we need to have the local currency or do they take other currencies. Not just for the hotels but in general. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ultra1984 View Post
                            Thanks for the advice. Had a look but it seems it is booked up. Can you tell me will we need to have the local currency or do they take other currencies. Not just for the hotels but in general. Thanks
                            You pay the rate quoted in Singapore Dollars, but if you have other currency, it's acceptable - but do note that they'll convert it at some awful exchange rate into SGD.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                              You pay the rate quoted in Singapore Dollars, but if you have other currency, it's acceptable - but do note that they'll convert it at some awful exchange rate into SGD.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                              X