Any Comments on SIN to LAX and from YVR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Comments on SIN to LAX and from YVR

Last year I flew ADL/SIN/JNB and CPT/JNB/SIN/ADL and found SQ to be fantastic.

In December this year, I will be travelling with my family from Adelaide on SQ to Los Angeles via Singapore (using their service via Narita) and coming home from Vancouver with a stopover in Singapore (using the service via Seoul) flying economy. Has anyone flown these routes and able to comment.

We have looked at the SIN/LAX non-stop option but given the later arrival time in LAX and the surcharge, the SIN/NRT/LAX option looks the better option. Does anyone know if you are allowed to deplane in NRT and ICH or do you have to remian on board.

I have done SIN-NRT-LAX but not the YVR-ICN-SIN.
    IIRC you have to deplane in NRT. Food ex-NRT is in my experience markedly better than other station.

Welcome to SQTalk, soak01.
    Hope you will enjoy your flights.

Comment

Welcome to SQTalk soak01!

SIN-NRT-LAX is the route I most avoid going in Y. Its flown by the 744 and those seats are less comfy and narrower than the 777 and 345. Also, I feel the NRT-LAX leg is too short to get sufficient rest. As you're going in Dec, the SIN-TPE-LAX will be operated by the 77W on 2,5,7 so that would be ideal; possibly daily by then. Also the TPE-LAX leg is long enough for decent sleep. This would be my choice if not on the nonstop. I wrote a little bit more on this flight here: http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showpos...8&postcount=10

Have done YVR-ICN-SIN once albeit in C rather than Y. ICN is a nice stop and flown by the 772ER which bar the 345 has the nicest Y seats. Its 18" on the 772 vs 17" on the 744. On this flight you get lunch then a light meal before arrival in ICN and followed by Dinner on the ICN-SIN route. Try to sleep on the YVR-ICN route and then stay awake for the remainder to beat jet lag.
      Menu from Nov 05:http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...7&postcount=76
      Catering especially Beef ex-ICN is rather good. Was surprised how good the steak was

Comment

Working...
      X