Phuket or Ko Samui?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phuket or Ko Samui?

Hello! First time poster, but have enjoyed reading.. just spent the last 4 hours reading nickbot's trip report... fantastic!

Anyway, planning a trip that has us starting in Japan.. Tokyo 3 days, Kyoto 2 days, Bangkok 2-3 days (haven't decided yet for sure) then a beach destination.. either Phuket or Ko Samui. for 3-4 days, and last but not least Singapore for 2-3 days. I can't decide between Phuket or Ko Samui and was hoping to get some input. I'm concerned Phuket may be too "touristy", but I've wanted to go for sometime now. From the pictures I've seen Ko Samui looks gorgeous, and may offer similar scenery and feel as Phuket with out the same level of tourist attraction. Then again I could be completely wrong. Hoping to fly SQ... would be a first time for me!

Thanks for any input you can offer!

Welcome to SQTalk!

Your instincts are spot on! Go with them.

(from one Chicagoan to another)
    HUGE AL

Comment

im not that into Samui, try Krabi for natural beauty without so much tourism, even less so than Ko Samui (which is very touristy imo)
      My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

head to www.agoda.com for a good insight into the resorts and good prices.

i was recently there. here are some pics:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hafid/s...7621761101750/

after Japan and Bangkok, Samui will feel very quiet and not as touristy. You can easily find a nice resort in the NW corner of the island and feel miles away from everyone and enjoy the stunning sunsets.
        blog

Comment

Working...
        X