Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thailand to reopen old airport, giving Bangkok two hubs

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...256905/1/.html

BANGKOK: Thailand's government announced on Tuesday that it will reopen Bangkok's shuttered Don Muang airport, after a series of problems emerged at its sparkling new air hub.

"The cabinet has decided to maintain two international airports for our country because there have been many setbacks at Suvarnabhumi Airport and we need to prepare to handle more passengers in the future," Prime Minister Surayud Chulanont told reporters.

"Therefore it's necessary to have Don Muang as a second international airport," he said.

Transport Minister Thira Haocharoen said the decades-old Don Muang would be ready to resume commercial operations within 45 days...................

Minimum connecting time will now be 4 hours!

What a nightmare that will be with two airports. I suppose there must be some logical way to organize the carriers. Of course it takes a leap of faith to assume that they will actually apply any logic to it.

Comment

Yikes.
      There goes their chance of 'competing' with Changi as an aviation hub.

Comment

What an utter fiasco Suvarnabhumi is proving to be.
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

King Power which runs the duty free shops at Suvarnabhumi must be cursing!

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
            What an utter fiasco Suvarnabhumi is proving to be.
            That's exactly what I was going to say. Embarrassing.

Comment

Originally posted by planemad View Post
              King Power which runs the duty free shops at Suvarnabhumi must be cursing!
              I don't think they deserve that right. They violated their contracted space by a huge amount so they ARE part of the problem with the lack of space
              http://www.bangkokairportonline.com/node/92
              Last edited by 9V-JKL; 8 February 2007, 09:12 AM. Reason: added news link

Comment

Working...
              X