[BKK] TG (main) C-Lounge at Concourse D no longer *G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [BKK] TG (main) C-Lounge at Concourse D no longer *G

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, but scanning thru the forums I could not even find a thread for the BKK TG C lounge...

Anyway, I just noticed a sign outside the main TG C Lounge at Concourse D saying that w.e.f. 1 Apr 2009, the D Concourse lounges are reserved for TG F & C pax, and that *G pax were instructed to go to the C lounges at Concourses C and E.

Is this the sign you're referring to?

Comment

Yup (extending post to exceed 5 characters.)

Comment

Which of the Royal Silk and Royal Orchid lounges at concourses C/E have shower facilities? Or, does the SQ lounge there have shower facilities? I will be on a 90-min transit at BKK in two weeks' time, and I'm hoping that our collective wisdom and experience will save me precious time walking from one lounge to the other looking for a shower room. Thanks!

Comment

Last month I flew BKK-SIN and was surprised to find out that the new SilverKris Lounge has no toilet facility, let alone shower. Do they not see the demand for it?

My friend will be traveling LHR-BKK using TG F, connecting with BKK-SIN using SQ J. I am not familiar with TG F Arrival Lounge -- is it the same F Lounge used for pax waiting to board or is it a separate arrival lounge a la VS? I assume he can use TG F Lounge to shower after arriving from LHR then wait in SQ J lounge prior to boarding.

Comment

Originally posted by broadwayboy View Post
            Last month I flew BKK-SIN and was surprised to find out that the new SilverKris Lounge has no toilet facility, let alone shower. Do they not see the demand for it?
            That's the new SKL operating model - the HKG one doesn't either, iirc.

My friend will be traveling LHR-BKK using TG F, connecting with BKK-SIN using SQ J. I am not familiar with TG F Arrival Lounge -- is it the same F Lounge used for pax waiting to board or is it a separate arrival lounge a la VS? I assume he can use TG F Lounge to shower after arriving from LHR then wait in SQ J lounge prior to boarding.
            Yes, same one. He can shower arriving from LHR and wait there prior to boarding - no need for the SQ J lounge if he doesn't want to use it.

Comment

Although if your friend prefers some Singaporean specialties, the food in the SKL tends to still be quite good

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                Although if your friend prefers some Singaporean specialties, the food in the SKL tends to still be quite good
                was nothing but dim sum this morning, and fruit and sandwiches. pretty average. the dim sum was cold and not particularly good
                My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Last I was there the dim sum was OK, but the most tempting items were the ice cream. Unfortunately I was there around 8AM :-(

Thanks for all the answers, guys. My friend is now feeling good about having a 3-1/2 hour layover in BKK, now that he knows he can use TG F Lounge to shower.

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
                  was nothing but dim sum this morning, and fruit and sandwiches. pretty average. the dim sum was cold and not particularly good

Comment

The last few times I was there at BKK (incl early morning and evening), the food at SKL was superb, better than the *G lounge in T3 I thought! Look out for the hainanese chicken rice, and from the fridge, the fresh coconut juice, and from the freezer, the ice cream.

Comment

I assume he can use TG F Lounge to shower after arriving from LHR then wait in SQ J lounge prior to boarding.
                      Sorry but if the next flight is not on TG (or in F) then official policy is no access to TG F lounge, even if arriving in TG F.

Of course, being TG there have been instances where they will let you in if you ask, but I wouldn't expect that thus making it a bonus if it happens.

Comment

Hmm... if he's not let into TG F Lounge, will he get access to TG J Lounge then? Most important feature is the shower, not so much about food and massage.

I am a bit confused about the term 'ARRIVAL LOUNGE' Shouldn't TG F Arrival Lounge give access to all arriving TG F pax despite their final destinations? After all, it is called Arrival Lounge.

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                        Sorry but if the next flight is not on TG (or in F) then official policy is no access to TG F lounge, even if arriving in TG F.

Of course, being TG there have been instances where they will let you in if you ask, but I wouldn't expect that thus making it a bonus if it happens.

Comment

There is no arrival lounge
                          My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Hmm... if he's not let into TG F Lounge, will he get access to TG J Lounge then? Most important feature is the shower, not so much about food and massage.
                            Yes he will have access to all five TG J lounges and the SKL.

I am a bit confused about the term 'ARRIVAL LOUNGE' Shouldn't TG F Arrival Lounge give access to all arriving TG F pax despite their final destinations? After all, it is called Arrival Lounge.
                            As sqdazz says, there is no arrival lounge.

Comment

Thanks, guys. It is very misleading to read online that TG has an arrival lounge for premium pax -- but of course I should rely on you guys for most accurate info!

Comment

Working...
                              X