Open Day at the Istana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open Day at the Istana

This is coming a little late but today is an Open Day at the Istana, the official residence of President of Singapore.

Anyone going?

The Istana

I've just come back from it... worth taking a look for sure, since it's very rare that this happens.

Luckily I read the Today newspaper at 7pm last night or I'd have missed it otherwise!

And you have to climb a tiny hill, by the way... the entrance is heaps far from the actual Istana (Palace, for those who have no idea what Istana means)...

Comment

Isn't there an Open Day at Istana for all or most of the major public holidays?

I've been to Istana often enough in my various capacities as spear carrier or shield bearer or just a general dogsbody. I would like to go there once in a non-working capacity.

Comment

Most of the holidays this year have been on weekends I think... and I'm almost never here on weekends, so for me, this was a rare opportunity!

It's worth a visit - didn't expect to see a golf course on the greens right in the heart of the city...

Comment

Working...
        X