SKL = comforts of home?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SKL = comforts of home?

Yes the SKL isn't up to snuff in many locations. The VS CH is better at LHR; the KUL SKL is nothing to crow about; and the SIN SKL is disappointing if you expect the umph of a home airline a la CX @ HKG.

But do you find something comforting about SKLs wherever they may be? I'm currently in T3 waiting for my SK flight, and it's great that I can have decent hot food and the Sunday Straits Times to compensate me for the fact that business travel is eating into my weekend.

Whaddayathink?

(SQ, this doesn't absolve you from the horrific devaluation of my KrisFlyer miles after Feb 1 2007 .)
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
    But do you find something comforting about SKLs wherever they may be?
    Absolutely. If there's one thing to be expected from SKL's worldwide - it's consistency. IMHO, they're pretty similar bar one or two exceptions as you've noted

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
      But do you find something comforting about SKLs wherever they may be?
      Indeed! Why do you think I stick with SKL (in general) no matter which airport I am in (providing there is a SKL)? The only exception is the SKL at the old BKK.

Comment

Yeah I think there is a certain feel of 'home' at SKLs worldwide - even the former SKL LAX. This despite the fact that (IMHO) SKLs are not generally great visually - I mean there's not much 'design' aspect to it than other 5* airlines' lounges.

However, having spent some time at CX's The Pier in HKG last week (I visit The Wing far more often than The Pier), I wouldn't mind it for my new 'home'.

Love the shower rooms. Gotta bring your own toiletries though. I think the one they use there is quite bad (at least to my skin).

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
          However, having spent some time at CX's The Pier in HKG last week (I visit The Wing far more often than The Pier), I wouldn't mind it for my new 'home'.
          I prefer the Pier to the Wing myself.
          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

I do feel at home at SKL, especially here at SIN. Remember it as "Cheers" the famous television sitcom. I don't remember the name off all the staff, but they do remember me. They make me feel at home.

Last Saturday, I needed to get a tix which can't be purchased on-line. I did not want to go through immigration and to go back in just for getting the ticket, especially I have peter11 around that morning. The guy at the desk was gladly helping me getting the tix.

Of course, they are very good as well in chatting certain topics, serious or not, even love discussions. (Note: they even commented on something that I can't type it here since it was very personal. But definitely had made peter11 blushed when I told him about it. )

Comment

Working...
            X