BUYING PERFUME from Singapore Airport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BUYING PERFUME from Singapore Airport

I am wondering Does the Duty Free Store at Singapore Airport Sell Dune and Is It worth buying there while I am in Transit or should I wait till I arrive back into Australia and get it there.I am flying between Hanoi Vietnam and Adelaide Australia.I don't want the hassles of having to buy before clearing immigration on Arrival in Australia
    I am actually buying for my Mother and to my knowledge SIA don't sell it on the Plane so any help on this would be most welcome
    Last edited by SQADL333; 7 October 2009, 09:37 PM.

You might want to check out strawberrynet.com first. The prices are very good (saved $30 on Viktor&Rolf's Antidote over airport pricing, and $50 over David Jones'), and they have a great range. Only ones I couldn't find on there were the ones exclusive to big department stores like Tom Ford private blends and Armani Prive. What I usually do is test the fragrances in dept stores, then jump on strawberrynet to get it.

Just set the country settings to Australia and your credit card will be charged in local currency so you don't get dinged with currency conversion fee. Shipping takes about a week.

Having said that both Changi Airport or HKIA are usually v competitive and much cheaper than high street pricing in Australia. Since you already know what you are looking for, I would jump on strawberrynet before the trip to see how much Dune costs. Then compare to what DFS is charging when you're at the airport. If it's cheaper online, wait till you get home to buy it. You also have to take into account strawberrynet's shipping fee which is charged if you'd spent below a certain amount (but probably offset by the 5% discount they give for new customers).
    Last edited by KeithMEL; 7 October 2009, 12:53 PM.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Another site I've found mighty handy for cologne and the like is Perfume Cart they're stock is similar to Strawberrynet's and they have a flat $10 express postage Australia-wide.

Excellent customer service also, which in my books makes online shopping sooooo much easier..

Comment

"Hi mum, did you miss me when I was away?"
        "Vietnam was great fun..... Singapore Airport was beautiful.... by the way, I bought this perfume for you (......on the internet!) "

Comment

Since its gone OT now, I'll suggest; if you have the time; Mustafa in Little India.

http://www.mustafa.com.sg/index.asp

Comment

Sorry to go further off-topic! Is the perfume at Mustafa legit? I always thought it was all knock-offs...

Comment

I don't know. But knock-off prices yes.

Comment

Don't trust buying cheap knock off's.The smell will be funny and the perfume would be better used to spray a toilet with.I have a cheap copy of Dune from BALI which we used for that purpose and now thrown away.

Comment

I thought it was not possible to buy knock-off products in Singapore. Isn't this illegal here?

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
                    I thought it was not possible to buy knock-off products in Singapore. Isn't this illegal here?

Oh boy....

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
                      It sure is, but then there are always enterprising outfits that seem to get away with it e.g. "Rolex" watches in Chinatown.......

Comment

We should bring UMD for a night safari! Then he can see the wild side of SIN...

Comment

Just saw the price of Dune at the perfume shop at my local Westfield Shoppingtown and at $183 AUD It was a bit of a rip off compared to what I got at Adelaide Airport Duty Free at $100 so with that in mind I figured buy it when I get back into Australia unless someone can find me as good a deal at Changi Airport.

Comment

Originally posted by SQADL333 View Post
                            Just saw the price of Dune at the perfume shop at my local Westfield Shoppingtown and at $183 AUD It was a bit of a rip off compared to what I got at Adelaide Airport Duty Free at $100 so with that in mind I figured buy it when I get back into Australia unless someone can find me as good a deal at Changi Airport.
                            Did you even bother following the advice of Keithmel and taking a look at strawberry net? Its $70 AUD on strawberrynet for 100ml.... Why bother buying dutyfree, strawberrynet and others like oo.com.au have been undercutting most duty free stores for years.
                            My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Working...
                            X