Transiting in Zurich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transiting in Zurich

Am planning to head to BCN sometime this month, and the cheapest *A carrier would be LX, but transiting in Zurich.

Question would be, is there any lounge available for use for *G members?

There is LX lounge which is also *G lounge. And there is the StarAlliance Lounge as well.

Comment

What CGK said. The LX lounge gets very crowded in the late afternoon. I personally don't like the lounge because its decor is depressing-looking.

quik, did you really think the home airport of a *A airline wouldn't have a *G lounge?
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
        I personally don't like the lounge because its decor is depressing-looking.
        You mean that alpine mountain decor and black? The long bar is fun... But indeed, I am not really recommending LX lounge. I have better opinion about the crowded LH SEN Lounge in FRA.
        And remember, LX has matrons who will enforce one small carry-on rule. It is a pain... since can't figure out what exact sizing...

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
          You mean that alpine mountain decor and black? The long bar is fun...
          That long bar is fantastic. I love it!

Comment

The concept is great, I agree, but in the mid- to late afternoon, when I typically am there to catch an early evening flight to CPH or to LHR, the place has reeked of stale smoke. I don't enjoy feeling that I need to dryclean my suit immediately after a lounge visit.
            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Reviving this thread again - am looking to transit in Zürich, didn't get to visit BCN last year!

Question: - How's overnighting in Zürich airport like? Feasible? Being a cheapo, looking through the prices now, the cheapest option is to overnight in Zürich!

19:50 LHR - 22:30 ZRH
              07:15 ZRH - 09:00 BCN

Comment

I managed to dig out some information on overnighting in ZRH...they have day rooms at the airport for hire so I guess that's not too bad at all. Btw, no lounge opened for overnighting?

http://www.zurich-airport.com/ZRH/?I...=1&le=2&a2=104

Comment

Word of warning about the transit hotel: tends to be filled with people who had issues (for whatever reason) getting into Switzerland.

Not the most savoury place to be at times.

Comment

Working...
                  X