X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• United Red Carpet Club Lounge Access

Hi,

I will be traveling to the U.S. via SQ.

During my stay, I plan to fly with United for some domestic sectors that will not correspond to my arrival or departure dates into and out of the U.S.

The lounge entry policy for U.S. carriers is as follows:

"United and US Airways Star Alliance Gold customers may only access the Red Carpet Club and US Airways Clubs within the U.S. when travelling in conjunction with a Star Alliance international flight."

What does this mean exactly - am I eligible in the above circumstances if I show the lounge staff my SQ ticket where the SQ flight is days away?

Hope this does not sound too much like a silly question & thanks in advance!

What *A Gold do you have? If you're not United or US *A gold, you can enter the lounges.

Comment

Originally posted by calvinoeh View Post
      What *A Gold do you have? If you're not United or US *A gold, you can enter the lounges.
      It's SQ Krisflyer Gold Status...

Comment

Yup you can get in. I was just in the LAX lounge a couple of days ago. Warning: the lounges only have coffee and soda and a couple of snacks. need to pay for alcohol.

Comment

Originally posted by calvinoeh View Post
          Yup you can get in. I was just in the LAX lounge a couple of days ago. Warning: the lounges only have coffee and soda and a couple of snacks. need to pay for alcohol.
          Thanks - I guess I need to downgrade my expectations for domestic US travel - thanks for helping me set them

Comment

There will be no free internet either, unless the dates correspond to the dates you are travelling internationally, you will not be able to get the free wifi card as well as the 2 drink chits for the alcoholic drinks.

Comment

US Lounge is one of the worst I ever come across. Even worse than HCM

Comment

3 Baggage Check-In Fee Waiver?

Originally posted by fone View Post
                There will be no free internet either, unless the dates correspond to the dates you are travelling internationally, you will not be able to get the free wifi card as well as the 2 drink chits for the alcoholic drinks.

Thanks for the heads up. Just wanna confirm if my Star Alliance Gold status (SQ Krisflyer Gold) enables me to check in 3 bags FOC on United domestic flights (not connecting to any international routes) when I am flying economy..

Comment

Yes. 3 free at 70 lbs max each.

http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,52649,00.html

Comment

I am SQ Krisflyer Gold and was in Salt Lake City early this year. They let me check in at Business Class and no problems with baggage but NO lounge access. When I flew to SLC a few days before from LAX I did not bother with the lounge because I know it is the pits.

The Red Carpet Clubs have bad coffee, muffins and some reading matter. They have phones that will not even let you use an independent dial-up service.

You are often better to use a convenient restaurant and many US airports have a wireless service you can pay for.

Comment

Originally posted by sudsoz View Post
                      I am SQ Krisflyer Gold and was in Salt Lake City early this year. They let me check in at Business Class and no problems with baggage but NO lounge access.
                      But, is there a *G lounge in Salt Lake City?
                      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by sudsoz View Post
                        The Red Carpet Clubs have bad coffee, muffins and some reading matter. They have phones that will not even let you use an independent dial-up service.

You are often better to use a convenient restaurant and many US airports have a wireless service you can pay for.
                        Appreciate all your resphttp://www.sqtalk.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=107010onses thus far!

It appears that the entry policy to the Red Carpet Clubs can be a little inconsistent... You are right in that a restaurant can sometimes offer a better ambience but I guess no harm in checking out the lounge first

The domestic sectors will be LAX, MCO & ORD.

I'm probably pushing it, but are there any other available lounges in LAX besides Red Carpet that are open to *Gold when travelling domestic on United? I guess the international terminal is out of the radar?

Comment

Originally posted by SQ Queen View Post
                          It appears that the entry policy to the Red Carpet Clubs can be a little inconsistent...
                          In what way ???

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                            In what way ???
                            Well, the salt lake city "no access" mentioned above - but whether there is any lounge at all I have no clue!

Comment

Originally posted by SQ Queen View Post
                              Well, the salt lake city "no access" mentioned above - but whether there is any lounge at all I have no clue!
                              C'mon now, how can UA grant access to a nonexistent lounge? I guess you missed my post (post 11). A little bit of internet research isn't that onerous, you know:

http://www.united.com/page/article/1...e=rccLocations

Comment

Working...
                              X