[IAH] - Continental Air President's Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [IAH] - Continental Air President's Club

Sounds impressive, entrance looks good, but nothing else....

It is a two level lounge in Concourse E of the George Bush International Airport, Houston. Singapore Airlines flight SQ61 takes off from pier D12 and it is a good 5 to 10 minutes walk to the boarding pier.

Lower level of the lounge was full when I went in, so I went upper...... normal looking lounge, with a good view of CO planes .....

Food wise, it was crap.... not even soft drinks are available, only tea, coffee tap water is available .... bags of chips, some fruits, hardly presidential treatment.......

Here are the pictures....

The pathetic refreshment area....

Nice view ...

Hope the lounge will improve after they join *A..... heard from the SQ check in counter that they may have their own lounge soon....

Anyway, the lounge invitation card stated that in lieu of lounge entry, the card could be used as a US$30.00 at one restaurant or at a spa located in D. It is better to have that then to come in here......

One more thing, wifi is free in the lounge, in fact I uploaded the pictures and type this in the lounge....
    Last edited by kapitan; 25 September 2009, 04:53 AM.
    This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

The scary thing is that this lounge looks like one of the best I've seen of CO. You should see the third world construction of their lounges in LAX & EWR.
    HUGE AL

Comment

My bad, I am now downstairs... and found that there is a full service bar, with three TV screens and every Yankees' head is tilted up towards the screens nursing their drinks....

but it is still a pathetic lounge in terms of their food servings..... errr, what food??? ok, I am getting outta here to get me some real food....
      This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
        My bad, I am now downstairs... and found that there is a full service bar...
        Hahahaha I was wondering about that. BTW, their price on Veuve is reasonable at USD$12/glass.
        HUGE AL

Comment

As an SQ premium pax lounge this is naturally a bit poor, but at the same time perhaps comparable to some other contract lounges used by SQ. Such is often the nature of contract lounges.

Imagine if this had been an RCC, and there would not even have been free alcohol. Presidents Club is clearly the best lounge offering by any US carrier (except for FC lounges), must say I was pleased to visit av PC after numerous RCC and US Airways Clubs (ugh).

Comment

I was in Houston twice, and never once I go the lounge, I spend it on the restaurant (USD30), it serves nice food there.

And Houston airport has nothing much too on shopping, still Asian airports are the best.

Comment

Been to this lounge a few times. Free wifi, free alcohol and thats all that needs to be said. Not much different food-wise from the rest of the lounges in the US.

Comment

Looks better than almost any other US airline hub lounge.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
                  Looks better than almost any other US airline hub lounge.
                  The DTW NW WorldClub was much better, until DL took over.

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                    The DTW NW WorldClub was much better, until DL took over.
                    What did they do to it? Have you been back since? Did you go to a football game and not invite me?
                    HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
                    X