Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAX-SIN nonstop experience

Ia Orana All !

I am from Tahiti and I will fly on SQ37 nonstop flight between LAX and SIN and then connect on SQ952 to CGK. I will spend the night in Jakarta for business and then fly on GA to DPS to spend the week there and then head back to SIN on SQ943 and connect on SQ28 to LAX.
    Can you tell me all you know about those flights, what to expect, what kind of meals they offer on it, what should I do at Changi airport, any nice shop I should get a couple of souvenirs from, what seat should I get on the 345, 773 and 772 etc...
    Many thanks in advance,

manureva744

Also need to tell you that I am leading a group of 37 persons that will arrive in DPS from LAX and I chose SQ personnaly for its excellent service and reputation eventho I had the choice with CX and a similar fare and MH which a lower fare.
    Last edited by manureva744; 1 February 2007, 12:32 PM.

For SQ037 from LAX-SIN (SQ028 LAX-SIN):

-If you are traveling in Economy Class, take the seats 2 rows before the Business Class cabin

or

-If you are traveling in Business Class take the seats 2-3 rows before the exit.

OR

-If you are traveling in First Class any seat will do!!!!

By the way, welcome to SQTalk, manureva744
    "Singapore Girl, You're A Great Way To Fly"

-Singapore Airlines

Comment

Originally posted by manureva744 View Post
      Ia Orana All !

I am from Tahiti and I will fly on SQ37 nonstop flight between LAX and SIN and then connect on SQ952 to CGK. I will spend the night in Jakarta for business and then fly on GA to DPS to spend the week there and then head back to SIN on SQ943 and connect on SQ28 to LAX.
      Can you tell me all you know about those flights, what to expect, what kind of meals they offer on it, what should I do at Changi airport, any nice shop I should get a couple of souvenirs from, what seat should I get on the 345, 773 and 772 etc...
      Many thanks in advance,

manureva744

Also need to tell you that I am leading a group of 37 persons that will arrive in DPS from LAX and I chose SQ personnaly for its excellent service and reputation eventho I had the choice with CX and a similar fare and MH which a lower fare.
      Ia Orana! and welcome to SQTalk! I am in love with your country but anyway, sorry I'm no ultra longhaul expert as far as service and meals go - Paging Star and ULH gang
      for that..

but as for seats in (these are just my personal preferences)
      In F
      772 3 class - 2A or 2F
      773 3A or 3F

In J
      345 11A 11K - don't like 2nd J cabin
      772 2 class regional 12A 12K
      772 3 class 11A 11K or 15A 15K (bulkhead in row 15 has slightly less room than bulkhead row 11)
      772 2 class longhaul 11A 11K
      773 11A 11K

in Y - if you can snag it - any bulkhead seat. Warning - 772 2 class regionals in row 31 bulkhead have no window
      Last edited by SQflyergirl; 1 February 2007, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewSQ011 View Post

-If you are traveling in Economy Class, take the seats 2 rows before the Business Class cabin
        That's called First......

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
          That's called First......
          Oops...my bad
          "Singapore Girl, You're A Great Way To Fly"

-Singapore Airlines

Comment

Huh?

Comment

or

-If you are traveling in Business Class take the seats 2-3 rows before the exit.

OR

-If you are traveling in First Class any seat will do!!!!
              First Class doesn't exist on SQ37 nor SQ28. SQ27 is LAX-TPE-SIN. SQ28 is SIN-TPE-LAX BTW (which also doesn't have F).
              My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

Originally posted by Rejuvenated View Post
                First Class doesn't exist on SQ37 nor SQ28.
                Not yet for SQ27/28.

Comment

Welcome to SQTalk manureva744!

Don't know what class you're flying but if C:

Menus
                  SQ37: http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showpos...6&postcount=71
                  SQ28: http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showpos...0&postcount=70

1st cabin is usually preferred as its smaller. But sometimes if load is light (which is rare), 2nd cabin may be less crowded.

SQ37 is a nice flight. My preferred flight ex-LAX. You enjoy your dinner, relax, watch a few movies, have a long sleep (easily 8hrs), breakfast and then arrive in SIN. If you're hungry between the main meals, there're some lite bites as well. You can also walk around the plane, hang out at the rear lounge area. All in a very nice flight.

SQ28 stops in TPE. Not a bad thing. TPE's SKL has Tea/Coffee jellies that I like so its a nice stop for me. You get dinner on the SIN-TPE sector then supper/breakfast for the TPE-LAX sector. Why breakfast I don't understand as its usually dinner time when you arrive.
                  Last edited by 9V-JKL; 1 February 2007, 02:00 PM.

Comment

If in Y:

Menu:
                    SQ37/19: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...&postcount=209
                    SQ28/30: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...&postcount=119

For SQ37, rows 31/34 are preferred but failing which D seats. C,G&H have the IFE boxes taking up valuable leg room. Experience is similar in what you can do albeit with much less space. The Y lounge is preferred to the C lounge on board, looks a little more proper pax rest area than the C one.

For SQ28, G seats are preferred for the same reason above. As you're in regular Y, the break in TPE is welcome to just take a walk. For some unknown but welcomed reason, through Y pax get to board before TPE-joining pax. Not sure if its still practiced. It was a year back. On the TPE-LAX sector, meal service is a bit rushed so that pax can go sleep ASAP. Sometimes they don't use the cart to collect the trays but just pick it up as each pax finishes their meal. Lights off after that will they wake you for brekkie some 2hrs before arrival into LAX.
                    Last edited by 9V-JKL; 1 February 2007, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Hey gang, thanks ever so much for your precious info, particulrly regarding the best seats. Thanks for the greetings as well, this site is a very usefull source of info !
                      Keep them coming !
                      By the way, I wish I was travelling in J class but as this is a leisure tour for all the employees of my company and I am leading the tour we all travel in Y. I am lucky to get EY on the way to CGK tho as I will travel 2 days earlier than the rest of the group and greet them in Indonesia.

Comment

Hey everyone...

I got the confirmation from the LAX office that my group is booked on SQ27 to SIN and then on to DPS. I myself am confirmed on SQ37 to SIN on the 23rd of April and I will stay 4 days in SIN before flying to CGK... It's been ages since my last time in Singapore.
                        I am so looking forward to this trip and those flights on SQ . Unfortunately I won't be as lucky as you guys as I will be travelling in Y even though I brought SQ up to 35000 USD with my group... they could do something really... But I know nothing will happen...

Comment

Working...
                        X