X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BNE - DUBLIN - best way to maximise pps sectors

hey guys

nicknames token - luv SQ just like u all do

since im flying from BNE - DUBLIN more frequently and in raffles - yes ill use that name still - i was wondering if you very season lot can help a newbie off his feet whot like memebrship to this great club

i was thinking BNE - DUB via frankfurt or manchester so far only two ways i kno

any help would be appreciated guys
    cheers and ps i have alot of pleasure in reading all ** informative articles on this forum particuarly under the KF section

have a great day

Why not make the short-ish journey down to SYD to enjoy Spacebeds on the Australia-Singapore sector? Depending on when you're traveling - you could even get a ride on the A380.

It all depends on how much you're willing to spend on your trip (and there'$ certainly a po$itive correlation between how much you $pend and how much $Q love$ you ). If you don't mind being hit by all the extra surcharges, definitely check out one of the 77W-operated routes. If you wish to go all the way on *A, FRA (SQ325/326) and ZRH would be ideal - just include extra segments on LH or LX respectively.

On the current PPS qualification requirements, most of the European routes will yield the same result. AFAIK they all get 5 sectors except ATH and possibly FCO/MXP. You should get 2.5 for BNE-SIN. Same with SYD/MEL - SIN. You might want to refer to the sticky on PPS sectors for more accurate info.

And welcome aboard SQTalk!
    Last edited by KeithMEL; 1 February 2007, 10:29 PM. Reason: clarity
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
      and there'$ certainly a po$itive correlation between how much you $pend and how much $Q love$ you

never a truer word spoken. Right now, i'm seriously doing some analysis on $Q you know, doing my AAudits with the usual CXs and BAlances...... don't like what i see with the golden goose
      Last edited by SQflyergirl; 1 February 2007, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
        never a truer word spoken. Right now, i'm seriously doing some analysis on $Q you know, doing my AAudits with the usual CXs and BAlances...... don't like what i see with the golden goose
        You as well ?

SQfg, did I ever tell you that your satay looks seriously tasty ?

(Particularly after the lunch I've just had ... plus a few glasses of wine ... hic)

Comment

thx guys for all the info so far - what airline is LX btw - and that brings me to the next question - for bagging handling sake etc - which route would provide me then with bags coming offf first - meaning need *A all to dublin - which *A fly there apart from LH and LX - dont kno what airline hehe - btw LH business from frank - dublin sucks thoroughly - is BMI any good - swiss - lol now im throwing up useless stuff prolly

Comment

Originally posted by token01 View Post
            what airline is LX btw
            LX is Swiss.

BMI has a codeshare with SQ on LHR-DUB. Unfortunately not long enough to qualify for PPS sectors. Fly them once. CDG-LHR. Not too bad
            Last edited by 9V-JKL; 2 February 2007, 09:10 AM. Reason: add BM codeshare

Comment

Originally posted by token01 View Post
              thx guys for all the info so far - what airline is LX btw - and that brings me to the next question - for bagging handling sake etc - which route would provide me then with bags coming offf first - meaning need *A all to dublin - which *A fly there apart from LH and LX - dont kno what airline hehe - btw LH business from frank - dublin sucks thoroughly - is BMI any good - swiss - lol now im throwing up useless stuff prolly
              You'll find that continental european business class flights are pretty uniform. I personally liked the savoury snacks i got on LH C for FRA-LHR-FRA. Depends on what kind of equipment they use though - if it's the AB6, AVOID and fly LX from ZRH. But on the whole - there's really no actual difference.

You might want to check if theres a Business cabin on BMI to DUB if you decide to fly with them. Not every BD flight has a business class service as they're now practically an LCC. Plus you'd have to pass through LHR (refer to jjpb3's LHR Airport guide on why you should avoid a transit through that airport).
              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

You'll find that continental european business class flights are pretty uniform.
                That is why i will miss SQ's lovely ZRH-MAN-ZRH turnaround

Comment

On the current PPS qualification requirements, most of the European routes will yield the same result. AFAIK they all get 5 sectors except ATH and possibly FCO/MXP. You should get 2.5 for BNE-SIN. Same with SYD/MEL - SIN. You might want to refer to the sticky on PPS sectors for more accurate info.

And welcome aboard SQTalk!
                  SIN-FCO gets you 5 PPS sectors.

Comment

Working...
                  X