Another cutback - no PPS stationery for statements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another cutback - no PPS stationery for statements

Just received my latest paper statement. Yet another cutback for the PPS Club. The statement is now printed on generic KrisFlyer stationery, instead of PPS Club one (which has been the case since forever). I know, I know... this is such a petty little thing. But all the little things that made PPS Club special are gone one at a time. What's next?

I am just guessing, (*touch wood*) ... perhaps no more PPS coordinators for stations currently 'spoiled' by existing PPS coordinators once they get past the always busy PPS line.

To whoever's the motor of all these PPS cost cutting measures... way to go!

May I suggest also reducing the PPS Club name to just "PC" to cut down more than 60% of the ink used on signages, stationery, etc.

Hmm...these are worrying news indeed

Comment

"It's the little things we remember."

(:cough: SQ, listen up. :cough: )
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

...and the worse thing is I might move back to SIN this coming July.
        Even if I want to switch to Traitors Air, its inconvenient for me to do so

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
          Just received my latest paper statement. Yet another cutback for the PPS Club. The statement is now printed on generic KrisFlyer stationery, instead of PPS Club one (which has been the case since forever). .
          StarG, that's pretty observant of you. Yes, you're right, this whole thing sucks...Sorry I cannot be more positive given the current SQ drive to slowly destroy out the distinctive benefit of being a PPS.

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
            StarG, that's pretty observant of you. Yes, you're right, this whole thing sucks...Sorry I cannot be more positive given the current SQ drive to slowly destroy out the distinctive benefit of being a PPS.
            Hmmm....and poor me...I am now trying to qualify for PPS Given all these changes to the PPS, it really makes me sad....all the benefits are somewhat being cut down such that there's not so much difference between an Elite Gold and PPS membership, except maybe for SKL Access when not flying in the premium cabins?

Comment

Originally posted by YK@HKG View Post
              Hmmm....and poor me...I am now trying to qualify for PPS Given all these changes to the PPS, it really makes me sad....all the benefits are somewhat being cut down such that there's not so much difference between an Elite Gold and PPS membership, except maybe for SKL Access when not flying in the premium cabins?
              I think your conclusion may be a bit strong. There are suggestions that PPS membership is on its way to becoming a shadow of its former self, but a gulf will remain between PPS and Elite Gold. The only question is: will the reductions in service be enough to dissuade people from making the extra effort to qualify? [This question may not really be that relevant for business flyers whose companies foot the bill for (re)qualification, and whose travel patterns take them on SQ to start with.]
              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                I think your conclusion may be a bit strong. There are suggestions that PPS membership is on its way to becoming a shadow of its former self, but a gulf will remain between PPS and Elite Gold. The only question is: will the reductions in service be enough to dissuade people from making the extra effort to qualify? [This question may not really be that relevant for business flyers whose companies foot the bill for (re)qualification, and whose travel patterns take them on SQ to start with.]
                I am already taking extra effort to qualify because all the PPS qualifications are mostly out of personal travels. Business travels are normally regional anyway, and they are mostly in Y, unless I have the miles to upgrade it to C.

At least, right now, I am still committed towards qualification for QPP1 at least. I believe I will get it this year. But, if SQ continue to marginalize PPS wannabe like me, I might even think twice of requalifying for it next year

Comment

Working...
                X