Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How quickly does the Apple Store in Changi get products?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How quickly does the Apple Store in Changi get products?

I'm after a 5th generation ipod Nano (launched by Steve Jobs yesterday) - how soon will the store in Changi get it you think?

They usually have a two-week lagtime... but it really depends.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
      I'm after a 5th generation ipod Nano (launched by Steve Jobs yesterday)
      The Reality Distortion Field works!

Comment

i thought they were saying availability immediately? I'm heading down to the local one on Friday (Manchester, UK) and buying one...(RDF is operating above maximum here, jhm!)
        If God had really intended men to fly, he'd make it easier to get to the airport.

Comment

None in changi. For those interested, they said sometime next week. None in Seoul also. I wonder how many other countries other than the US have it already?

Comment

I don't wish to rub salt in the wounds, but i'm going by the Apple store tonight to check out the video quality. if it's reasonable....
            Shame shipping to Malaysia takes forever....
            If God had really intended men to fly, he'd make it easier to get to the airport.

Comment

Originally posted by Javaman View Post
              i thought they were saying availability immediately
              99.99% - no, wait, 100% of the time that availability doesn't include Singapore, let alone the Changi authorised reseller. I think Malaysia is even further down the list in priority than Singapore, sadly.

It's a far higher certainty in any country with an official Apple retail store, nearing 100% although there have been a few cases in the past where they weren't able to execute that, for all sorts of reasons.

Comment

We need a true Apple Store in Singapore... not authorized dealers.

Comment

Until Kyo's post, I never realised that there aren't Apple retail stores in Singapore, Malaysia or Hong Kong ... but on the other hand, we find ones in obscure places in the UK like Manchester and Milton Keynes!

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                    Until Kyo's post, I never realised that there aren't Apple retail stores in Singapore, Malaysia or Hong Kong ... but on the other hand, we find ones in obscure places in the UK like Manchester and Milton Keynes!
                    Exactly right. But try telling Steve Jobs that Apple needs a store on Orchard Rd...

Methinks he views Singapore as too small a market to bother with a self-operated store. I'm actually so surprised how Apple doesn't seem to show much of an interest in many Asian/SE Asian markets - there are SO many IT shops trying to copy the Apple retail concept in almost every major shopping centre worth its salt (but not quite pulling it off, sadly).

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                      there are SO many IT shops trying to copy the Apple retail concept in almost every major shopping centre worth its salt (but not quite pulling it off, sadly).
                      It depends what you mean by pulling it off, e.g. in NYC, whilst it's nowhere near as shiny as an Apple Store, I find the atmosphere and (more importantly) service at somewhere like Tekserve better but YMMV.

Comment

Let me know next time you're in KUL, SIN or BKK and I'll try to show you what I mean by a failed attempt at an Apple retail store.. it ain't pretty.

Comment

HKG get the special edition Shuffle shipping next TUE.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                            I think we covered this in an iPhone thread long ago. I too found it strange.

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                            Exactly right. But try telling Steve Jobs that Apple needs a store on Orchard Rd...

Methinks he views Singapore as too small a market to bother with a self-operated store. I'm actually so surprised how Apple doesn't seem to show much of an interest in many Asian/SE Asian markets - there are SO many IT shops trying to copy the Apple retail concept in almost every major shopping centre worth its salt (but not quite pulling it off, sadly).
                            From what I understand, this is more of a licensing/red tape issue. Apple prefers to control their sales and not use resellers/partners. But when it comes to Asia (read: China) they must.
                            HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                              From what I understand, this is more of a licensing/red tape issue. Apple prefers to control their sales and not use resellers/partners. But when it comes to Asia (read: China) they must.
                              But Beijing has an Apple Store. It's not so much red tape - but it's also been observed, on sites like Appleinsider, that they cut back on new store openings in 2009, very likely because of the world economy.

This is going off-topic, but what I think they've not really paid much attention to is the huge pent-up demand for a real Apple presence in this (SIN, SE Asia) region. They *did* have plans initially for a spot in Orchard, but those were probably put back on the shelf for the time being..

Anyway, the Changi store isn't that great. The staff do try, though... but one guy in particular keeps pestering me to buy a Macbook Air...

Comment

Working...
                              X