Urgent Need Advice - 1 hr Transit at San Francisco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Need Advice - 1 hr Transit at San Francisco

I have a 1 hr transit time between a domestic flight arriving at Terminal 3 and departing for an international destination from the International Terminal around midday on a weekday at SFO. Do you think this will pose any problems in terms of baggage transfer? I'm booked right through from Denver to Hong Kong via SFO. Is 1 hr too short a period for baggage transfer by the apron baggage handlers, even if it is automated? I'm just a bit worried that my bags could be left behind/misplaced because it's such a short flight transfer duration and that is not ever factoring in any possibility of late arrival from Denver.

Can someone please advise?

Cheers.

transit SFO

My experience at SFO is good, needless to say you should try an accommodate more time for transfer.....obviously airline(?) feels comfortable with time between flights, but ultimately you will have to make that call. Sorry if this was not helpful, but i am giving you an honest opinion.

Comment

Thanks Graubman, I'm booked on United and I'm now trying to take an earlier flight. The strange thing was that when my travel agent made that booking - that was the connection that popped up - so if the system allows a connection with such a short duration, obviously the airline must have condoned it right?

Comment

Correct, if system pops up a legal connection(time between flights) , then it will work. If possible best you change to an earlier flight, relax, visit F or J lounge(don't know what airline you are flying).

Comment

I've just returned from the States. I managed to jump onto an earlier flight from Denver which then gave me 2:45 hrs instead of 55 mins transit (at SFO) for my connecting flight to Hong Kong. The transit was smooth and frankly, I reckon that even if I had that 55 mins transit time instead, my bags would have transited well.

Comment

Originally posted by Caravelle View Post
            I've just returned from the States. I managed to jump onto an earlier flight from Denver which then gave me 2:45 hrs instead of 55 mins transit (at SFO) for my connecting flight to Hong Kong. The transit was smooth and frankly, I reckon that even if I had that 55 mins transit time instead, my bags would have transited well.
            Your statement is misleading. MCT should be followed. It happens that you experienced better weather in SFO which led to a no delay. Thus, you were lucky that day.
            I am sure many flyers who fly often to or from SFO would have experienced many delays due to fog.

Comment

Originally posted by AC Flyer View Post
              Your statement is misleading. MCT should be followed. It happens that you experienced better weather in SFO which led to a no delay. Thus, you were lucky that day.
              I am sure many flyers who fly often to or from SFO would have experienced many delays due to fog.

Thank you AC Flyer for clearing the fog on this issue and my sympathy to you if your flight ever gets delayed because of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Caravelle View Post
                Thanks Graubman, I'm booked on United and I'm now trying to take an earlier flight. The strange thing was that when my travel agent made that booking - that was the connection that popped up - so if the system allows a connection with such a short duration, obviously the airline must have condoned it right?
                If the system automatically gave those connections when your TA inputs the O/D, then it is a valid connection. On the other hand, your TA can "force" a flight pairing connection below the minimum amount of time required into the same PNR onto his/her system and have the tix issued with such schedules but the airlines involved will not take any resposibility should the pax miss his/her connection.

But in most cases TAs will not perform the latter to avoid heated complains and even possible legal actions from their clients should things go haywire.
                My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

Originally posted by Rejuvenated View Post
                  If the system automatically gave those connections when your TA inputs the O/D, then it is a valid connection. On the other hand, your TA can "force" a flight pairing connection below the minimum amount of time required into the same PNR onto his/her system and have the tix issued with such schedules but the airlines involved will not take any resposibility should the pax miss his/her connection.

But in most cases TAs will not perform the latter to avoid heated complains and even possible legal actions from their clients should things go haywire.

Thanks Rejuvenated. I must share this with my TA. Good that in my case - All's well that ends well.

Comment

Working...
                  X