Free Phones at Changi Airport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Phones at Changi Airport

If you are in the secure area of Changi you get to call locally for free. Once you are landside you are subject to local calling fees.

I was just thinking that if you held an onward boarding pass and needed to make a phone call and didn't have coins with you or a cell phone, would any of you go through the hassle of trying to clear immigration to airside and then filling the form again to clear back to get on landside just to call for free? It would add an extra 2 stamps to SIN I think I have enough entries to SIN already. I had 6 total within 2 weeks

The more stamps i have in my passport - the worse off it is. Indian and Chinese single entry visas take up one page each. It's a pain to have stamps. Don't really want to answer to immigration officers in London why I was in Karachi, Sao Paulo and Chiang Mai over the previous 10 days.

Sure - it's nice to collect stamps and all to remember where you've been - but for business use - the more space you have in there, the more capable you are to make last minute work trips as and when needed.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
      The more stamps i have in my passport - the worse off it is. Indian and Chinese single entry visas take up one page each. It's a pain to have stamps.
      Exactly. I love the stamps, but those full page visa on arrivals for Indonesia have eaten away at my 48 page passport. I only have a handful of pages left and I'm barely halfway through my expiry. Yeah yeah not a real big deal, but people start getting suspicious when they see that I travel a lot to um "not so pro-America" countries.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
        The more stamps i have in my passport - the worse off it is. Indian and Chinese single entry visas take up one page each. It's a pain to have stamps. Don't really want to answer to immigration officers in London why I was in Karachi, Sao Paulo and Chiang Mai over the previous 10 days.

Sure - it's nice to collect stamps and all to remember where you've been - but for business use - the more space you have in there, the more capable you are to make last minute work trips as and when needed.

What happens in Sao Paulo, stays in Sao Paulo.....that's my answer anyway!

Back on topic.......I am a lowly, unimportant person....but I do value my time more than the cost of a phone call. I can hardly imagine anyone would go back airside for a free call.

Comment

When i got my current US visa (i think in 2004) i had stamps from Iran, Saudi, Lebanon, Syria and the UAE from a trip to the ME for work in 2002. I fully expected a one way ticket to gitmo....but was pleasantly surprised at the HK consulate. In fact the officer (sounded like he was fresh from Texas) spoke to me in Sindhi (indian dialect)...which took me by surprise...especially since i don't speak it very well!

I say the less stamps the better.

Comment

Originally posted by slickalick View Post
            I say the less stamps the better.
            I concur with that! Right now, for the past 4 years, I have been getting new passports every 2 years....

Comment

Working...
            X