SQ at T1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ at T1?

I was at T1 last night and i saw a SQ 777 parked at gate D31 or D32?(cnt reali remb)with the aerobridge attached.Does anyone know why it was there?

Not sure why this happens, but yesterday Terminal 3 had the event whereby a Porsche car raced with a Boeing 747, thus many gates in T3 were closed, so probably the 777 you saw was not in service for whole day, so due to lack of parking spaces, it probably was parked at T1.

Comment

SQ 777 parked at gate D31 or D32?(cnt reali remb)with the aerobridge attached
      The aerobridge would not have been attached. Due to the T1 upgrading, gates D32 and C15 are closed and are designated as remote bays. Due to the numerous amount of a/cs on ground, CAAS is running out of bays to park them. I've seen FedEx MD11s parked at C26 and D47 a few times already.

For a moment, I thought FedEx was in the SLF business due to the bad cargo .

Comment

i got a pic of tt plane
        the aerobridge was attached

Comment

boing is right. At the central apron, gates D30 and C11 have been closed for renovations while D32 and C13 are used as remote bays. While usually the stairs are used I have on some occasions seen the aerobridge attached.

Aircraft are frequently parked at these two gates. Being used as a remote bay, any airline's aircraft can park there regardless of the airline's operational terminal. So the SQ has just being parked there just as though it was at any remote bay.

Comment

Last Wednesday, 09.09.09, I spied no less than four SQ birds parked at T1. A Megatop was parked at C26, an 772 parked in the C-teens, an A345 in the D-forties, and another 772 somewhere else in the D concourse. Surprising sight. But that frankly paled in comparison to all of the other SQ birds parked all over Changi. It really looked like there were no parking spaces at all.

That was surpassed only by all the Cathay birds at HKG that evening. Must have been 10 or more lined up, all CX, at the remote stands near the Control Tower, with more in the usual parking spaces near the hangars on the route out to the end of the runway.

I guess this really is the slowest season of the year for air travel, save for the soft spot between Thanksgiving and Christmas. At least, that's what I've heard.

Comment

Working...
            X