Your longest LCC flight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your longest LCC flight?

Alright, fess up - who here has flown an LCC beyond the stock standard Virgin Blue or Easyjet flights of less than 2 hours in duration?

I haven't - but I took the plunge and booked myself on Jetstar flights 29 and 30 MEL-BKK-MEL.*

Kinda looking forward to it actually - I promise to supply a TR if anyone's interested. +

*although I must confess the flights were booked in Star Class...
    +TR pending upon author's survival of debut long haul LCC experience
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
    who here has flown an LCC beyond the stock standard Virgin Blue or Easyjet flights of less than 2 hours in duration?
    I have, but only just...... MCO-JFK which is 944 miles on B6. Drew the SSSS and had a middle seat so it wasn't exactly my bestest flight ever.........

Comment

I haven't but I know two people who've taken separate Oasis flights LGW-HKG. Both excellent flights so I'm told - empty planes; whole rows so that each pax can sleep etc.

Comment

I've only flown on an LCC once because a friend insisted on using whatever that airline was to HAM ... never again.

But another friend recommends the JetBlue experience, so I'm tempted to try it out.
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

only 2 experiences:
          1 CTA-BGY on VA
          1 BGY-LTN (r/t)

The latter was not so bad, especially on the way back!
          There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
          If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

SIN-SGN on Tiger Airways

Comment

I have only flown a LCC once (Ryanair from Stansted to Venice) but have to day these days there really is very little difference between a LCC and a FSC in Y on intra europe flights

Comment

oh.... i said a lot of false things....
                I completely forgot to mention several flights with the "princess of LCC": IBERIA!!!

Iberia: Low-quality & High cost!

Comment

2RTs on 3K SIN-TPE-SIN
                  2,002 miles 4h30m

Space was horrible, crew on the other hand....

Comment

PHX-HOU on WN. What a terrible 1009 miles. And the plane reeked of kerosene the entire way.

Comment

Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
                      oh.... i said a lot of false things....
                      I completely forgot to mention several flights with the "princess of LCC": IBERIA!!!

Iberia: Low-quality & High cost!

In that case I can include plenty of grievous experiences on EI and BD.
                      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

I did BRU-YUL on TS Y last year.
                        My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

Never tried one so far...but might take SIN-SGN on Tiger as has been experienced by one of you here, before starting the PPS run from SGN on SQ

Comment

No LCC experience yet but thinking of doing Oasis LGW-HKG in C, has anyone tried it?

Comment

MM.... i was thinking.....
                              there should be an EX-SQtalker who would say the longest LCC flight was an SQ F class trip.... this user didn't like to be seated in a so common F Class....

and - as a famous italian tv-serie says - "una parola è troppa, due sono poche" (one word is too much, two are few).

Comment

Working...
                              X