• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG Chef on Call

I saw yvrguy say the lamb was OK.

Any suggestions on what's good?
    HUGE AL

The only places you can pre-order is F in BKK, LHR and FRA. Where are you departing from ?.

Comment

Anyone got this famous list?

Can someone scan that faxed list? Got 3 flights coming up and I Dread (with a capital D) regular TG catering...

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
        The only places you can pre-order is F in BKK, LHR and FRA. Where are you departing from ?.
        Forgot about your post from the TG F Menu Thread and went off the misleading TG website that it was only BKK.

Departing BKK.

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
        Anyone got this famous list?

Can someone scan that faxed list? Got 3 flights coming up and I Dread (with a capital D) regular TG catering...
        Is the faxed list different from the one online?
        HUGE AL

Comment

This is the LHR-BKK and BKK-LHR:

http://www.thaiairways.co.uk/pages/f...s_on_board.htm

And it would appear you can also book ex-MUC now as well, as that and the FRA menu are here:

http://www.thai-airways.de/index.php?dom=1&lang=22&p=28

Whether you pre-book or take your chance, cross your fingers.

If ex-BKK, I would eat in the TG F lounge as they have some nice food in there.

Comment

Whether you pre-book or take your chance, cross your fingers.

If ex-BKK, I would eat in the TG F lounge as they have some nice food in there.
            Yeah, I've been reading the pearls of wisdom from you gurus.

So there's nothing worth ordering at all? A friend told me the lobster was pretty good. However, it was his one and only time booking anything to eat...let alone flying TG F.
            HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
              Yeah, I've been reading the pearls of wisdom from you gurus.

So there's nothing worth ordering at all? A friend told me the lobster was pretty good. However, it was his one and only time booking anything to eat...let alone flying TG F.
              To be honest, I haven't ordered anything ex-BKK for a while. I usually take the late night flights to Europe, so I eat in the F lounge, a few glasses of Dom on board then hopefully knock the Z's out. If not, more Dom.

It won't do you any harm to order something, although unlike SQ, they will probably get the hump if you then decide you'd prefer something off the menu.

Comment

To be honest, I haven't ordered anything ex-BKK for a while. I usually take the late night flights to Europe, so I eat in the F lounge, a few glasses of Dom on board then hopefully knock the Z's out. If not, more Dom.

It won't do you any harm to order something, although unlike SQ, they will probably get the hump if you then decide you'd prefer something off the menu.
                hahahahaha Thanks for the tips, buddy!
                HUGE AL

Comment

Lobster ex ZRH was no problem. Called yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                    Lobster ex ZRH was no problem. Called yesterday.
                    It sucks balls, though!
                    HUGE AL

Comment

Ordered Coguilles Saint Jacques with duchesse potatoes (Scallops in white wine cream sauce, seasoned with cayenne pepper and lemon juice) from the menu for this weekend flight to MAD.

Firstly want order two meals, but been told by TG agent that this special menu only for lunch/dinner/supper. Not for breakfast. So... forget about lobster for breakfast now... (strangely I had this Lobster on TG600 as breakfast last year, so TG has changed the rules recently??? )
                      Hope this scallops not disappointed...
                      ( cross my fingers )

Comment

Originally posted by Dent@SUB View Post
                        (strangely I had this Lobster on TG600 as breakfast last year, so TG has changed the rules recently??? )
                        Depends who you call and when and how many times. Like their inflight service, it's totally hit (from what I've heard) and miss (what I've experienced).

After calling five times to different call centers, the BKK number yielded me a Chef on Call for breakfast. Too bad the crew never delivered it to me despite saying they were preparing it.
                        HUGE AL

Comment

and HKG.

Comment

Originally posted by Dent@SUB View Post
                            Ordered Coguilles Saint Jacques with duchesse potatoes (Scallops in white wine cream sauce, seasoned with cayenne pepper and lemon juice) from the menu for this weekend flight to MAD.

Firstly want order two meals, but been told by TG agent that this special menu only for lunch/dinner/supper. Not for breakfast. So... forget about lobster for breakfast now... (strangely I had this Lobster on TG600 as breakfast last year, so TG has changed the rules recently??? )
                            Hope this scallops not disappointed...
                            ( cross my fingers )
                            I had the Coquilles Saint Jacques a few months ago. It tasted like they scraped the bottom of a dirty fish tank to make this dish. I asked for and received the famous omelette instead.
                            Also, I booked the Lobster last month on TG600 for breakfast. I would phone TG back and ask again what you can order for breakfast.
                            Last edited by yvrguy; 1 October 2009, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by yvrguy View Post
                              ...I booked the Lobster last month on TG600 for breakfast. I would phone TG back and ask again.
                              Run away from that dish as fast as you can.
                              HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
                              X