Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singapore Airlines Reduces Fuel Surcharge By US$2 - 4

SINGAPORE AIRLINES TO REDUCE FUEL SURCHARGES

Singapore Airlines will reduce its fuel surcharges, following a decline in jet fuel prices in recent weeks.

The following surcharges will apply for tickets purchased on or after Tuesday 30 January 2007:
    1. Between Singapore and gateways in South East Asia (ASEAN countries): Reduce from USD18 to USD16 per sector
    2. Between Singapore and gateways in USA/Canada: Reduce from USD82 to USD78 per sector
    1. For all other flights: Reduce from USD54 to USD52 per sector
    While the price of crude has come down, jet fuel prices have not fallen to the same extent, and the difference between the two remains high.

Collections from the fuel surcharges have only given partial relief from the cost increase as a result of the high price of jet fuel.

Singapore Airlines will continue to monitor the price of jet fuel and regularly review the level of the surcharge.
    --------

On a side note, SIA PDF news releases are very annoying as I cannot extract the font.

Amounts are comparable to Traitors Air

Extracts from their own announcements:
    Effective from 1 February 2007, for a two-month period, the passenger fuel surcharge will be reduced to US$13.60 (HK$106) for short-haul services in South and North East Asia and US$56.20 (HK$438) for long-haul services.

The current surcharges are US$14.50 (HK$113) for short-haul services and US$59.70 (HK$466) for long-haul services

Comment

So I spent an extra 12-20 USD for my ticket :crying:

Comment

In my haste to get some stuff issued before the Feb 1 deadline, I've paid some 40 USD more than i would have needed to had i waited till 30/1

Comment

Working...
        X