getting from paramount hotel marine parade to sentosa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting from paramount hotel marine parade to sentosa

I am wondering is there any way of getting from the Paramount Hotel to Sentosa Island that won't break the bank and is convenient.

It is my first visit back to Singapore since 2006 and I am spending just over half a day there before continuing early the following morning around 8am to Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam.

Arrival Details are as follows 22 December 2009 ARRIVING SQ268 FROM ADELAIDE AT 5:40PM

Overnighting Paramount Hotel Singapore and connecting onwards on SQ172 TO HO CHI MINH CITY AT 8AM on the 23rd of December.

also planning to do a late night around 10 or 10:30pm last river cruises of the day Singapore River Bumboat Tour and going from Harbour Front to Clarke Quay and want to know how to get from Sentosa there and then again from Clarke Quay back to Paramount Hotel Singapore

Any Help in regards to this will be most appreciated

taxi fares in Singapore will not break the bank.....
    This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

SBS service No10 from the front of Paramount hotel (East coast road) will take u direct to harbourfront cit - where u can catch the monorail to sentosa. For a overview n help on public transport - pld look at this site :

http://www.sbstransit.com.sg/journeyplan/overview.aspx

Comment

Please note that service no. 10 takes 45 mins to 1 hour whilst a taxi takes 12-15 minutes.

However the cost is not insignificant during the hours you're planning to go. So, it's up to you to consider the costs vs benefits.

Comment

Yeah, I'm with kapitan on this one... Taxi fares are not going to break the bank in Singapore...

The most I've paid for a cab was $50, that trip was from the city to bukit batok west avenue 2 and then to the airport during morning peak - the trip was about an hour (give or take).

Which to the unitiated is like starting in the southern tip, heading to the north western tip and then heading back across to the eastern tip of Singapore.

If that was here in Sydney, dios mio, that would definitely break the bank...

Taxi Paramount to Harbourfront. Monorail to Sentosa and back. Taxi from Harbourfront to Clarke Quay and then Clarke Quay to Paramount, give or take all up will cost you at most if not less than $SGD50.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnar Smithsen View Post
            Yeah, I'm with kapitan on this one... Taxi fares are not going to break the bank in Singapore...

The most I've paid for a cab was $50, that trip was from the city to bukit batok west avenue 2 and then to the airport during morning peak - the trip was about an hour (give or take).

Which to the unitiated is like starting in the southern tip, heading to the north western tip and then heading back across to the eastern tip of Singapore.

If that was here in Sydney, dios mio, that would definitely break the bank...

Taxi Paramount to Harbourfront. Monorail to Sentosa and back. Taxi from Harbourfront to Clarke Quay and then Clarke Quay to Paramount, give or take all up will cost you at most if not less than $SGD50.
            Supposing cost was a concern to the OP, service No. 10 by comparison would only cost you a measly $SGD4-5.

Hence the need for them perhaps to evaluate if the multiple of 10 times the cost is worth it for the shorter travel time.

To a student, or one just starting out in the workforce, or perhaps someone who's just a thrifty individual, a saving of $45 could be well worth the additional time spent.

Comment

perhaps some would like to take in the "sights n sounds" and take a slow bus and on top of the double-decker service 10 - then its ok to take the bus plus the cheap travel.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                perhaps some would like to take in the "sights n sounds" and take a slow bus and on top of the double-decker service 10 - then its ok to take the bus plus the cheap travel.
                The Plan is to once I get to Singapore Is to Go to Sentosa and Get into see the late session of Songs of the Sea and Do a Bumboat Tour Late Night and be back at the Hotel by 1am the Following So I guess I have no choice but to use Taxis.

Comment

I do see your point Kyo, I prefer the most direct and convenient route wherever possible, and as I alluded to earlier the cost of taxi's in Sydney (well Australia in general) are exorbitant when compared to that of Singapore.

One question, I haven't asked the OP is - are you travelling alone or with company?

From the original post one could assume you are travelling alone, but one should not assume for there is the potential to make an ass-out-of-u-and-me

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnar Smithsen View Post
                    I do see your point Kyo, I prefer the most direct and convenient route wherever possible, and as I alluded to earlier the cost of taxi's in Sydney (well Australia in general) are exorbitant when compared to that of Singapore.

One question, I haven't asked the OP is - are you travelling alone or with company?

From the original post one could assume you are travelling alone, but one should not assume for there is the potential to make an ass-out-of-u-and-me

I am travelling alone thanks for asking.Trying to make the most out of a singapore overnight due to flights not connecting Ex Adelaide.

Comment

Like many here I would take a cab for convenience given that it is comparatively cheap.

But if you would like to take a bus, gothere.sg is a fantastic online guide. Just enter your from and to location (landmark/road) and it shows you the best ways buy bus, train, or drive, shows you the cost, and even calculates the time.

http://gothere.sg/directions#paramou...l:harbourfront
                      A quick search shows that if you take bus 10 from opposite Katong Shopping Centre.
                      You will need to alight at Vivocity mall. Vivocity is connected to the train leading to Sentosa.
                      Total travelling time: 49 minutes

Also note that there's a directory at every bus stop so you can double check on your route and alighting point.

Comment

Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post
                        Like many here I would take a cab for convenience given that it is comparatively cheap.

But if you would like to take a bus, gothere.sg is a fantastic online guide. Just enter your from and to location (landmark/road) and it shows you the best ways buy bus, train, or drive, shows you the cost, and even calculates the time.

http://gothere.sg/directions#paramou...l:harbourfront
                        A quick search shows that if you take bus 10 from opposite Katong Shopping Centre.
                        You will need to alight at Vivocity mall. Vivocity is connected to the train leading to Sentosa.
                        Total travelling time: 49 minutes

Also note that there's a directory at every bus stop so you can double check on your route and alighting point.
                        As I have indicated before given my arrival time into Singapore USING Public Transport given the limited time frame is not an option So Taxi it is

Comment

Originally posted by SQADL333 View Post
                          As I have indicated before given my arrival time into Singapore USING Public Transport given the limited time frame is not an option So Taxi it is
                          Sorry, missed that post

Comment

Working...
                          X