BOSE QC3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOSE QC3

I just bought BOSE QC3 Acoustic Noise-Cancelling HeadPhone for HK$3,480 (around US$450) from the BOSE store in Times Square (Causeway Bay). I saw it being advertised for US$349 in the BOSE website...so...I might have slightly overpaid for it. However, the sales claimed that the HKG package includes international adaptors so that I can always use it in other countries. Plus, they gave me a small gift...a Mont Blanc leather card holder (that itself is worth more than HK$600 I believe).

Anyone here also have the QC3?
    Last edited by YK@HKG; 28 January 2007, 09:07 PM.

Just bought one from the Bose store in Century City (USA) for USD349+tax yesterday. I received a small 250MB ish MP3 player as a gift.
    No international adaptors but not too much of a problem as my computer has the US plug too. I always travel with an adaptor.

Comment

I have it as well. I gave my first one to my brother, because the US plug works well in the Philippines. Then I bought one from the UK, which has all the adaptors like yours. I don't remember a gift with mine, though -- cheapskate Bose UK .

I haven't regretted the purchase. I just wish the case could accommodate more. The older case had a stretchy outside pocket where I could store things like eyeshades or the cards I would use when the dutyfree cart came around .
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
        I haven't regretted the purchase. I just wish the case could accommodate more. The older case had a stretchy outside pocket where I could store things like eyeshades or the cards I would use when the dutyfree cart came around .
        I hope I didn't regret buying one today as well. One question though: the salesman suggested I should charge my battery for 6 hrs. However, the light went off just after 1.5 hrs

Comment

It seems normal for manufacturers to recommend that a rechargeable device is charged longer the first time - not sure why.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
            The older case had a stretchy outside pocket where I could store things like eyeshades or the cards I would use when the dutyfree cart came around .
            My dear, are you sure your case doesn't have a stretchy outside pocket? Mine has one. I had put my passport and ticket jacket in the stretchy pocket like when I took that Y flight on BA.
            The problem I have is that my two prongs adaptor (to use it on SQ flights) was damaged. Do you think I can buy one for replacement?

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
              when I took that Y flight on BA.
              The problem I have is that my two prongs adaptor (to use it on SQ flights) was damaged. Do you think I can buy one for replacement?
              Don't forget the "+" when you refer to your Y on BA!

Does the two prong adaptor convert to a normal 3.5mm socket ? If so, you can buy the adaptor separately from lots of places - no need to go to Bose for it.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                Don't forget the "+" when you refer to your Y on BA!
                The BP says Y Y meals ... no lounge access ... so a complete Y experience.

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                Does the two prong adaptor convert to a normal 3.5mm socket ? If so, you can buy the adaptor separately from lots of places - no need to go to Bose for it.
                The headset cable has one prong type. Then to use on SQ (for the three holes on that seat) I have to use two prong adaptor included when I purchased it. (the prong has one input, and two output - legs that are not same length/size).

Comment

The headset cable has one prong type. Then to use on SQ (for the three holes on that seat) I have to use two prong adaptor included when I purchased it. (the prong has one input, and two output - legs that are not same length/size).
                  Something like this (which you can find many places selling if you Google "airline adapter") ?

http://www.amazon.com/Maxell-190395-.../dp/B00083LFW6

With my Ety headphones, I carry around an adapter like the above and also a 1/4 inch adapter (i.e. the small 3.5mm jack of the Etys becomes a 6.35mm jack to plug into the socket) and think that covers pretty much everything, i.e. on this page:

http://www.headphone.com/products/ca...tors/adaptors/

the "Stereo mini to one quarter inch adapter" and the "Sennheiser Airplane Adapter".
                  Last edited by jhm; 29 January 2007, 01:11 AM.

Comment

My dear, are you sure your case doesn't have a stretchy outside pocket? Mine has one.
                    Mine has one too.

Comment

My dear, are you sure your case doesn't have a stretchy outside pocket? Mine has one. I had put my passport and ticket jacket in the stretchy pocket like when I took that Y flight on BA.
                      Originally posted by StarG View Post
                      Mine has one too.

I need a new pair of glasses or lasik surgery.

‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Anyone notices that the Bose plugs are not compatible withe the sockets on BA Club World? Or is there a trick to make it work? Or do we need another adaptor?
                        Paging jhm and LukeGT...

Comment

Ok, I must have been very inexperienced traveler.
                          The same new prong was found in new UA C as well. Will post the picture later. My immediate conclusion is that perhaps the newer generation Bose has the new prong. I guess I should visit a local Bose store for new adaptor.
                          Cheers.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I've used my QC2 in BA Club World without a problem. Is the prong for the QC3 different from the QC2?

Comment

New QC15's adaptor is smaller and might work better with some airline plugs (CX came to mind). Couldn't use the QC3's.

Comment

Working...
                              X