NZ:TPE-HKG-LHR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NZ:TPE-HKG-LHR

There's an ex-TPE special deal on CX/BR and NZ combo to LHR. If the ticket is TPE-HKGo-LHRo-HKGo-TPE,could I just start my journey from HKG? Are there any relationship between CX,BR and NZ?

You must originate your trip in TPE. If you "no show" the TPE-HKG sector, your entire booking will most likely be cancelled.
    My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

By starting your journey in HKG, do you mean missing your TPE-HKG sector? It'd result in automatic cancellation of the rest of your ticket if you miss the first sector.

You can throw away the HKG-TPE sector though.

No special relationship AFAIK, but airlines often offer special fares with seemingly random airlines. Main aim is to provide a fare from/to a port where the primary airline doesn't fly, with convenient connections. For example, QF/BA fares from KUL allow travel on MH, SQ or JL on the KUL-SIN sector.
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

The final HKG-TPE sector can be thrown out. But this may sound more difficult and complicated if the OP has luggages to check-in. Not sure if he can convince NZ in LHR to just check his bags all the way to HKG when his ticket shows TPE being the final destination. I'm sure the OP doesn't want to disembark in HKG and not find his luggages at the belt, only to discover that the bags are continuing to TPE instead.

Not 100% sure, but if he can convert his connection to TPE with an overnight in HKG (i.e. 23 hrs or less connecting time), then maybe his bags might not be tagged all the way to TPE.

Comment

Originally posted by Rejuvenated View Post
          The final HKG-TPE sector can be thrown out. But this may sound more difficult and complicated if the OP has luggages to check-in.
          The OP's desired routing shows a stopover in HKG on the way back. Does the fare allow stopovers both ways though?
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Both inbound and outbound are allowed for stopover.

TPE-HKG(O)-LHR(O)-HKG(O)-TPE,thats why I am asking whether I can start my jounrey from HKG.

I only tried CX connecting KL before. First time connected flight from two different alliance. My bags were checked all the way to the final destination.

Comment

Originally posted by ny911 View Post
              Both inbound and outbound are allowed for stopover.
              Then in that case you can miss your last sector without any issues.
              But it remains that you must travel your TPE-HKG sector. Shouldn't be too hard to fly over to TPE on a cheapie?

Comment

Only going back for holiday for 1 week. Moreover flying to TPE too much,getting boring. Hope Y class wouldn't be too full on CX.

Comment

Originally posted by Rejuvenated View Post
                  Not sure if he can convince NZ in LHR to just check his bags all the way to HKG when his ticket shows TPE being the final destination.
                  Given the OP's subsequent post, not an issue here but I think I remember reading somewhere that for such a sitution you can simply tell the checkin that you need to get something out of your luggage (e.g. a gift for a friend) so therefore need to collect your luggage at an intermediate point.

Comment

I see. Originally I wasn't clear if the OP's fare permitted stopovers in both directions.

Comment

Working...
                    X