Top Tier Loyalty Betrayal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Tier Loyalty Betrayal

In the entire 2006, I banked a total of 113,685 mileages towards my Aeroplan Account for status mileage purposes which requalified me for Aeroplan Super Elite Status (Highest Possible Loyalty Status for AC's programs). However out of those 113,685 status miles, only 9,300 (or roughly 8.2%) were earned by flying on an AC metal operated flight. The other 104,385 were mostly earned through SQ flights (93,550 status miles) and the remaining through other *A carriers (10,835 status miles). So in a sense, I am being rewarded with the status defined as Air Canada's most loyal customer but contributed only a small amount of revenue to the airline. And yes I love the double dipping scheme. Not only were 104,385 miles more than enough to requalify me for SE status, but the sectors earned through those SQ flights gets me closer and closer to Solitaire status.

I am sure there are some of you out there that has earned top tier recognition levels for particular carriers but hardly fly them or generate revenues for them. Would love to hear what others have done.
    My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

I've made AA EXP without stepping onto a single AA flight. They are quite lax about enforcing the 'minimum 4 AA segments' rule.

SEN isn't top tier (that would be HON and it requires you to fly exclusively LH and its fully integrated partners) but I earned it last year with only 2 LH flights. The rest were mainly SQ and TG.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Can I join you. I flew my MR trip report as you read. I'm making midtier NH Platinum without stepping on a NH plane

Comment

Just to be more clear, the amount required to re-qualify for SE status is 100K. So in a more technical sense I only credited 9.3% of the required 100,000 from AC operated flights.

Even better are those upgrade certs delivered in the package I get for being a SE. I don't even have to pay the premium price to sit in AC J.
        Last edited by Rejuvenated; 28 January 2007, 03:17 PM.
        My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

I have manged to requalify as SEN with LH for another two years this year. The only LH flight I took was an award flight in F.

Comment

There are lots of people who bank with BD (and get *G) without taking a single BD flight.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
              There are lots of people who bank with BD (and get *G) without taking a single BD flight.
              I can't really blame them: the route network and the shorthaul offerings are pathetic (JMHO). I'm one of the guilty ones, by the way.
              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

4 years as LH SEN, no LH flights. Must use those e-vouchers sometime

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                  Haha...I might be one of you guys in one or two years time Banking the miles to LH to gain SEN, while at the same time crediting those to PPS sectors (if the rumours regarding PPS qualification will not materialize of course).

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                    Similar here - try using the vouchers on LX - IMO a much nicer experience!

Comment

Originally posted by lhrpete View Post
                      Hmm - Y to C maybe. But C to F on LH gets you into the FCT.
                      OT - I've heard that a long haul LX F BP gets you into the FCT when you rock up at FRA. Presumably you'd have flown into ZRH and have to fly via FRA to get elsewhere on the same day. Not sure how if that's how it works though.
                      Last edited by KeithMEL; 30 January 2007, 08:45 PM.
                      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by lhrpete View Post

Just to clarify..... isn't there any possibility to spend them on other Star Alliance carriers? I mean the ones on which you can upgrade by using M%M miles...
                        There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                        If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
                          Just to clarify..... isn't there any possibility to spend them on other Star Alliance carriers? I mean the ones on which you can upgrade by using M%M miles...
                          According to the online guide, it is possible. But I've been told otherwise.

Comment

IIRC - those evouchers can only be used on LH/LX/OS or M&M partners - which is somewhat of a shame.

Comment

You used to be able to use them on UA but not electronically you had to get the evoucher turned into a paper one and could only upgrade at check in but I think that has stopped now.

Comment

Working...
                              X