Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CX Y

CX692 PEN-HKG 2nd August 2009
    The meal was rice with some kind of mild curry prawns...tasted OK but the long beans were overcooked

CX2462 HKG-TPE 2nd August 2009
    The bun served was some kind of chicken cheese bun. Tasted good. Even better than SQ PEN-SIN shuttle flights sandwich. Flight time for both is almost the same

Looks like CX has cut their meal offerings on the HKG-TPE route. Used to be a hot meal when I took the flight in April. Or maybe it is due to the departure timing?
    My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

CX 2462 departure time was around 1700hours. My flight back on CX 469 was around noon time and the offering was almost the same. Will post the pix once I have processed it. This offering of the bun was quite nice as it was hot when served.

Comment

CX469 TPE-HKG 8th August 2009
        Ham & Cheese sandwich....very nice

CX693 HKG-PEN 8th August 2009
        Fried Rice with Chicken...tasted bland

Comment

Definitely a reduction in catering on HKG-TPE route. Below were what CX offered on the route in April. Both were late afternoon flights.

HKG-TPE

TPE-HKG

My Travel Map

Comment

It continues to puzzle me why airline can't provide more decent food. Certainly pax travelling in Y are not expect gourmet dinning while on board but it should really not cost that much ( relative to the price of the ticket ) to at least provide decent food that is of sufficient portion to call a meal and to be moderately tasty.

Comment

Originally posted by benlee View Post
              It continues to puzzle me why airline can't provide more decent food. Certainly pax travelling in Y are not expect gourmet dinning while on board but it should really not cost that much ( relative to the price of the ticket ) to at least provide decent food that is of sufficient portion to call a meal and to be moderately tasty.
              Have to agree.

Also, I wish CX would offer a "premium economy" class that allows for a little more seat pitch.

Comment

Yeah, with LCC's leading the way these days, the premium carriers really need to show that they are in fact PREMIUM for the prices that Y pax pay. Meals should be getting better not worse so as to create a clear difference between LCC and Full Service
                My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
                  Yeah, with LCC's leading the way these days, the premium carriers really need to show that they are in fact PREMIUM for the prices that Y pax pay. Meals should be getting better not worse so as to create a clear difference between LCC and Full Service
                  CX was charging very LCC fares for quite some time ex SIN. My flight from SIN-TPE via HKG was actually $100 cheaper than Jetstar! With better timiings also.

My Travel Map

Comment

CX564 HKG-TPE NOV 2010

Sorry for the half eaten bread

Comment

CX421 TPE-HKG NOV 2010

Comment

Originally posted by sealalula View Post
                        CX421 TPE-HKG NOV 2010

Bun with onions?

Cost-cutting in effect!

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                          Bun with onions?

Cost-cutting in effect!
                          Yup.Was quite dissapointed with that. Luckily I had ate in TPE before my flight

Comment

CX635 HKG-SIN NOV 2010

Comment

Working...
                            X