Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoe shine places in Singapore

Hey All,

I do not wish to bring up ghosts of christmas past, but can any one point me in the direction of (if any) a place where I can get my boots polished?

I can't think of any place that stands out in my mind, I'm heading up tomorrow morning and between finishing work and packing my bags, I have little time to really give my boots a good licking.... of polish

Any info would be appreciated

NB: If we can stick to the question and not venture off topic

There's a shoe repair shop that'll probably do it underneath OUB Centre, Raffles Place.

But why not let the hotel you're staying at take care of that?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
      There's a shoe repair shop that'll probably do it underneath OUB Centre, Raffles Place.

But why not let the hotel you're staying at take care of that?
      Thanks Kyo, normally I would, but I'm giving the ibis on Bencoolen Street a try this time, free wifi won out over all other services that Novotel Clarke Quay provide as that is my normal residence when in SIN.
      Last edited by Gunnar Smithsen; 6 August 2009, 06:15 PM.

Comment

I hate to break the news... but practically the whole of Singapore has free wi-fi...

It's called Wireless@SG (you can Google to see what I mean)

heheheheh... back to the Novotel, then!

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnar Smithsen View Post
          Hey All,

I do not wish to bring up ghosts of christmas past, but can any one point me in the direction of (if any) a place where I can get my boots polished?

I can't think of any place that stands out in my mind, I'm heading up tomorrow morning and between finishing work and packing my bags, I have little time to really give my boots a good licking.... of polish

Any info would be appreciated

NB: If we can stick to the question and not venture off topic
          Dude, why wasn't this posted in the referenced thread (link is incorrect, BTW)?
          HUGE AL

Comment

G'day HUGE AL,

Reason being the previous thread had been closed, otherwise I would have posted my question in that thread (apologies for the incorrect linkage too)

Kyo,

Yeah I'm familiar with the Wireless@SG concept, problem being I can never seem to get a strong enough signal from my room and usually can't be bothered dragging the laptop down to the mall

But yeah, I think I'll stick with the Novotel for future visits (excluding F1 trip as staff rates weren't available ) - have to do all my ironing from the "comfort" of the guest laundry (hotel doesn't supply irons/ironing boards to the room) hahaha..

Comment

G'day HUGE AL,

Reason being the previous thread had been closed, otherwise I would have posted my question in that thread (apologies for the incorrect linkage too)
              Oh yeah...my bad...I forgot about that one.

Yeah I'm familiar with the Wireless@SG concept, problem being I can never seem to get a strong enough signal from my room and usually can't be bothered dragging the laptop down to the mall
              Is the Wireless@SG a relatively new thing? When I was in S'pore six months ago, I wasn't finding ANY signal at the SR. Had to plug in the Cat5.
              HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                Is the Wireless@SG a relatively new thing? When I was in S'pore six months ago, I wasn't finding ANY signal at the SR. Had to plug in the Cat5.
                For you, you'd have to go round the corner where there's a McDonald's at the Forum Shopping Centre.

'sif you'd count on the SR giving you access to Wireless@SG..

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                  For you, you'd have to go round the corner where there's a McDonald's at the Forum Shopping Centre.
                  What's a "McDonald's?"

'sif you'd count on the SR giving you access to Wireless@SG.. [/QUOTE]

Dude, I couldn't even get on theirs!
                  HUGE AL

Comment

Not too sure how long its been around but it was available when I came to SIN (for the first time in 3 years) in October last year..

Comment

Working...
                    X