Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ Talk is amazing

Hi fellow SQ Talkers

I've just signed up and this is my first post. I stumbled upon SQ Talk accidentally last month when I was looking up flyertalk for info on the new SQ 777-300 ER planes (or 77W in airlinespeak). I can't believe that there is a bunch of people out there totally besotted with SQ (good grief, don't you people have anything better to do!?) and a web forum that posts everything from menu cards from the 1980s to opinions on whether the sorry-looking plastic mistletoe that decorate SQ planes at Christmas add to the cabin ambience.

But you know what. I've been totally and absolutely riveted by the postings. I've been a closet SQ fan for years but never really talked about it for fear of being branded as having OCD (obsessive-cumpulsive disorder) or in this case SQOCD. But I guess I can come out now. There I've said it! I am a rabid SQ fan and it's good to know there are people out there who obsess about SQ like me.

I find the trip reports especially fascinating but I have a query about this. How do you people get away with taking pictures of the seats, the food, gosh even of the toilets? Apart from being stared at by other passengers for having a certain lack of ahem, sophistication, don't you get ever get ticked off by the FAs or have your cameras taken away in this security-obsessed age we live in. Or is the trick to swtich off the flash function on your camera and aim it unobstrusively?

I've never had a problem with taking pics onboard, apart from the time AA staff at FRA stopped me from doing so. I then found out that it's perfectly legal, just that the AA crews don't like it for some bizarre reason.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

It's easy for me. I lack sophistication in every other aspect of my life so what's a couple of pics on an airplane between friends eh?

BTW.. welcome to SQTalk

Comment

Welcome to SQ Talk planemad!

Glad you found us. Yes, we love SQ.......but sometimes she doesn't quite love us back the same way

Never come across a SQ cabin crew not allowing pics taken. Some times, they'll even offer to take pics of you on board and maybe sometimes pose for/with you too

Comment

Originally posted by planemad View Post
          Hi fellow SQ Talkers
          I've been a closet SQ fan for years but never really talked about it for fear of being branded as having OCD (obsessive-cumpulsive disorder) or in this case SQOCD. But I guess I can come out now.
          Good to see you have 'finally come out'. It took me a while too, but I finally got there.

Regards
          SQ744

Comment

I took some great photos with the FAs of MI (Business) and SQ (77W) during my trips to SIN and SUB last week. Too bad, I still couldn't post attachment yet

Can any of the gurus here teach me how to post those photos?

Comment

Originally posted by YK@HKG View Post
              I took some great photos with the FAs of MI (Business) and SQ (77W) during my trips to SIN and SUB last week. Too bad, I still couldn't post attachment yet

Can any of the gurus here teach me how to post those photos?
              1) Sign up to an online photo album like photobucket.com
              2) Upload your pics there
              2) Link your pics here using the appropriate urls, and the [img][/img] function
              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                Welcome to SQ Talk planemad!

Glad you found us. Yes, we love SQ.......but sometimes she doesn't quite love us back the same way

Never come across a SQ cabin crew not allowing pics taken. Some times, they'll even offer to take pics of you on board and maybe sometimes pose for/with you too
                Hey, thanks to all those who replied. Think I'll just assume a thick hide and fire away on my camera when I get down to doing my first trip report. Looking forward to flying back from Barcelona to Singapore on J class (on the 77W) in early March, especially since I got myself ticketed before the changes to Krisflyer on Feb 1.

Comment

I don't think Singapore Airlines crew care whether you take photos or not.

I get more conscious about other passengers looking at me weird. On SQ321, I was filming and/or snapping away, especially at the start of the flight where I had to walk efficiently up the aisle to take a photo of hot towel delivery. Anyway, the Australian young couple in their early 20s next to me were just like "What the f***?"

But SIA Crew are much more accomodating I think!

Comment

Working...
                  X