Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hope it is warm in your neck of the woods!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope it is warm in your neck of the woods!

I certainly hope that is the case for most you people out there wherever you may be. But definately not the case not the case for me here in Toronto. The cold has been stinging pain into my bones from leg to arm ever since I arrived here Sunday. Ears cracking and bleeding almost every morning. This despite having budled up thickly, running the heather 24/7, etc to very little relief. I don't know what I am doing wrong to shield pain from the cold, but regardless it has been miserable healthwise and weatherwise on my side. Tonight the worse becomes worser with temperatures in Greater Toronto to fall to -18C (0F) with windchills dipping all the way to -27C (-16F).

Those basking in 30C JKT, KUL, SIN, etc how lucky you all must be. Just enjoy and don't be overspoiled. But for some of us like myself, all we can do is be an underdog to the forces of winter.
    My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

It's summer here and the temperature ranges from a nice and comfortable 15C to a most unbearable 40C. I seriously miss the Chicago winter. [no I'm not kidding]
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Ann Arbor isn't far behind at 2° F right now. I have an interview tomorrow morning and have to walk ten minutes in a positively warm 11° F with windchill dropping that to -1° F.

Did I mention that I love the cold? How am I ever going to adjust to tropical living in Asia again?

Comment

Nice and balmy friday afternoon here - oh, it's 29c today. must have been 29 the day before, and the day before that. Probably be 29 tomorrow too

Comment

Hm it got up to 27 degrees C over here in cloudless, oh-so-beautiful Southern California. T-shirt and shorts weather.

Comment

I agree with GT84 it was nice and warm here. About 70 during the day night time is 40's and i'm freezing already. Okay I hate cold weather I need to live in SE Asia.

Comment

The weather here in Jerusalem is lovely it is about 25c today. Although most people are still walking around in coats as they can not get beyond the fact that it is winter.

Comment

Nice weather in Melbourne now...hehe...but...it will be cold once I touch down in HKG later tonight, probably below 10C.

On the other hand, the weather was pretty nice for me when I was at Chicago in early Jan. I was glad that it turned bad only after I have left

Comment

Not as cold as Toronto, but today it is -7°C here in Cincinnati, with a windchill of -16°C (4°F). Brrrr! Coldest it's been in a while.

I must say, though, that I too prefer the cold over the heat.

Comment

Originally posted by MovieMan View Post
                    I must say, though, that I too prefer the cold over the heat.
                    Me too.

A cozy 5 C here in London today ...
                    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                      Me too.

A cozy 5 C here in London today ...
                      Just got back to the UK and it seems so cold

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                        Just got back to the UK and it seems so cold
                        Well, we have sunny day for this couple days. But in the evening it's around 1 degree. Wow, walking my baby seems very cold. Next weekend the temp should drop below zero.

I hope at the beginning of February London will not be too cold.

Comment

Rejuvenated, I know this is a bit late but is that a chance that you could negotiate with the company to move there at a later date when its not so cold and give you time to acclimatise to the winter rather than just drop in right in the middle of winter. Seems a bit harsh; no pun intended

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                            But in the evening it's around 1 degree. Wow, walking my baby seems very cold. Next weekend the temp should drop below zero.
                            You are so lucky you did not have to head outdoors during your YYZ transit my friend. Seriously I hope you can come back with me to Toronto this Wednesday and experience what "Real Canadian Winter" is all about where -2C was the warmest temperature recorded during my first full week there last week and not about to get any warmer than that very exact temperature anytime soon. And yes, there is plenty of snow in our backyard to keep you busy with that is not about to melt anytime soon. All this is free and won't cost you a tram ticket like you normally would for grouse.

I am currently in YVR re-gathering some of my leftover stuff and it is a steamy 3C. Turtle neck shirt is all I am wearing for today. Gosh I'm really gonna miss Vancouver big time (weather, landscape, etc).
                            Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                            Rejuvenated, I know this is a bit late but is that a chance that you could negotiate with the company to move there at a later date when its not so cold and give you time to acclimatise to the winter rather than just drop in right in the middle of winter. Seems a bit harsh; no pun intended
                            Actually I was one of the main decision maker myself in relocating back to Toronto. There are so many great stuff about basing a company in this city that outweights the drawbacks of the harsh winter by a wide margin even coming in at the worst time weatherwise of the year. I guess my body is still trying to adapt to such environment after a six year absence and I believe it's going to take a while. But I am confident I'll weather this barrage of coldness and be accustomed.
                            Last edited by Rejuvenated; 30 January 2007, 09:33 AM.
                            My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

Working...
                            X